on 29 May 2017
The lamps are quite nice, a bit smaller and cheaper looking than expected, but I'm not really complaining about that. What I am complaining about is the item description which says it needs a 25W E15 candle bulb. There is a sticker that actually says max 40W! I have plenty of 40W bulbs, but due to the item description ordered 10 25W bulbs from Amazon, which took ages to arrive as they weren't on Prime, hence I could only install these lamps today despite having received them weeks ago.

I appreciate that the 3* rating is more a reflection on the seller/item posting than the item itself, and I will gladly change my rating if the description changes, but I felt the need to draw attention to this issue in case it helps someone else.
review imagereview image
7 people found this helpful
on 31 October 2015
This lamp is for my sons new room after we've finished decorating it but we have taken it out of its box so that we could check it works!
All it takes is a slight touch of a finger and it as three levels of light one: dim,two: normal ,three: bright. It's fitted with a uk plug. A nice black gloss finish.the skyline is a impressive future to this lamp. The skyline is unbelievable when the lamp is on. My son is very impressed by this lamp so much the he wants another!
6 people found this helpful
on 16 October 2017
received today and put blub in that was recommended and from same supplier, my first though was WOW amazing lamp, after a few mins my son shouted on me “Mum” help! my lamp is making a buzzing noise and a smell of burning Lamp no longer working and blub and lamp getting sent straight back and want a full refund. Absolutely shocked at this it’s a total fire hazard waiting to happen.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 January 2018
I already had 2 of these and liked them very much but this new purchase was a replacement for one of them that suddenly stopped working for no reason. Hence the star rating would have been higher as I cannot guarantee that my first purchase was faulty or that this happens as a general course. But otherwise, the lights are good
on 8 December 2016
I have a cityscape duvet set and this lamp was the perfect match. It looks fantastic and the landscape print glitters to add an even greater effect. Just be aware that it takes small screw in candle shaped bulbs and not the larger size. Altogether a great looking lamp at a reasonable price. A worthy 5 stars.
One person found this helpful
on 9 October 2015
Bought this as a perfect addition to my New York themed bedroom. Fitted a bulb and turned it on to hear this strange electrical buzzing sound then a lot of smoke pouring out from the bulb holder. I panicked and unplugged it then later got my father to try it and it was worse. This product is not safe and I would definitely not recommend it. It's a shame because it looks so good!
3 people found this helpful
on 7 September 2016
This is a really nice lamp, and it looks very elegant however I was expecting it to be a lot bigger. I was surprised at how small the box was when it got delivered. Although I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying this lamp for a box-room, it would be ideal. But in a big room it looks out of place and unordinary. I will be buying with caution next time as photos on Amazon can be very deceiving.
One person found this helpful
on 16 January 2018
Wish the lamp worked

Bought this a Mid October and never used it till December in the office, it worked fine for a couple of weeks and now its unusable, when you switch it on its like a really fast strobe light, and takes another 3 touches to switch it off again each touch slowing the strobe slightly

No longer usable as a desk lamp in my office. If I had a disco room it might be ok but it hurts the eyes

Changed the bulb just to make sure and it made no difference
on 1 October 2017
This lamp is nice and stylish, but it is unfortunately "fun size" and is not suited for a large room, which I was after. A box room, or a small kitchen is ideal. Regrettably, it was only AFTER I ordered that I read some reviews (schoolboy error), and noticed that some reviewers were saying this lamp is smaller than expected. So, if anyone, who unlike me, reads reviews before buying but doesn't notice the specs on the description page, the dimensions are w10cm x h30cm. And like the other reviewer said, the lamp can take max 40w bulb.
on 3 June 2018
Smaller than i imagined but arrived fast and seems all that it said it would be only it did decide to turn it self on in the early morning one day but apart from that no problems