Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 19 June 2012
I saw this on the first showing on its opening day, I was 17 back in '87 and into hair metal in a big way, so this film was made for me featuring music from my rock idols Poison, David lee Roth & Def Leppard. Soundtrack is from the cast of the film so has a new twist but in true '80s metal style. This film rocks and so does the soundtrack!
on 18 June 2012
I saw the film on opening night, came home, downloaded the soundtrack, been playing it in the car since, and now I want to see the film again! I WANNA ROCK!

I was a big metal fan in the eighties, but didn't think much of the big hair bands and power ballads at the time, but I've mellowed with age, as you do, and I really love this album. Tom cruise singing 'Wanted: Dead or Alive' is brilliant. If being a Hollywood superstar doesn't work out for him, he could always join a band. And Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand singing 'Can't Fight This Feeling' is comedy gold. See the movie first and you'll enjoy this soundtrack a lot more.

There's only one song on here that's utter pants (track 16 - you'll understand).

Being set in 1987, you'd think there'd be a vinyl edition. Here's hoping...
on 27 June 2012
I have been to see the movie twice and totally love it, Tom Cruise is brilliant!! Might squeeze in a third visit soon, songs just brilliant, takes me back to my youth, bliss!!!
on 22 June 2012
Saw this on preview night with my friend (both in our swinging 60's). Absolutely loved every minute of this movie and can't wait to see it again soon. The soundtrack is amazing - I particularly like the mash-ups (2 songs fitted together).
Everyone had great voices and the atmosphere was electric - particularly when the very charismatic Tom Cruise strutted on (he would make a great rock star in real life). Also loved Russell Brand and his West Bromwich accent which was hilarious (just like Timothy Spall in Auf Weidersein Pet!!) The Can't Stop Believin' arena performance at the end of the film was superb (and far superior to Glee rendition).

Can't understand why the critics didn't give the film better reviews - it is absolutely fantastic (much better than the stage show)and so is the music on the soundtrack. Can't wait for the DVD to come out.
on 18 June 2012
I watched the film in the cinema on saturday with my sister and daughter (i really don't reccommend anyone under 15/16 watch this as there are quite a few ranchy scenes) and we loved it! I loved the music and found that i was stopping myself from dancing and singing in my seat and Tom Cruise has a good voice!

I waited for today for this to be released just so i can order it! I am one of the biggest all things 80s fan ever!

Buy this soundtrack
on 8 January 2014
Bought this for ourselves and watched it with our eldest (teenage) son who loved the 80s music theme. Cruise is fabulous. We ended up buying it for some relatives and also the soundtrack which our 3 kids all love to listen too.
on 26 April 2015
Fantastic! Who would have thought that Tom Cruise would have done Dead or Alive justice?

Good mix of 80's rock. All the classics and favourites.

Only weak song, imo, is Undercover Love and it's on the film so it has to be on it really.
on 19 June 2012
I'm 18 and I've grown up with music like this, seeing it all put into this film was amazing!
Me and my mate actually sat in the cinema quietly singing along!
All cast members were grate, I especially loved russle brand in this!
Had to buy the CD!
Can't wait for the film to come out on DVD!
on 17 August 2012
Brilliant renditions of much loved 80s anthems. The arrangements are brilliant and some give a new meaning to the lyrics (such as when Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is is sang as a duet). The mash ups (mixing two songs together) are genius too, they blend perfectly. And who know Tom Cruise had a voice like that?!
on 25 June 2012
Just recently been to see the film and loved it! Highly recommend this CD as it has all of the good songs from the film (apart from that poppy song) if you loved the film you will love this cd!! My favourite song is the I wanna rock, very uplifting!