on 5 May 2014
of late, Joe Bonamassa has been, while still staying within the con-finds of blues rock guitar, has experimented with greek instruments and other forms of playing. this album brings him back to the hard hitting blues rock that made him big. while it isn't as simple as his much earlier work, it still delivers like those early classics.
on 29 May 2012
Joe is building his legend, little by little, always with a surprise. He had an incredible 2011 with his solo, Beth Hart duet, and Black Country Communion super-group CDs. In 2012 he has already issued one of the best music videos ever (I think) - the New York concert - and now we are treated with this fantastic album. I have all his albums and this is in my opinion his best studio work. Songs are great, and I'm very glad with his version of "Stones in my passway", which he successfully covers without trying to tread in Johnson's, or even Clapton's, steps. Invited luminaries are Jimmy Barnes and Brad Whitford (from Aerosmith), and I think by now it is time to stop talking about it and to just recommending anyone readign this to BUY THIS NOW.
on 10 July 2017
great
on 11 June 2015
Like this album
on 6 April 2017
Great album, nice photobook in the Ltd Edition.
on 24 May 2017
Spot on in description and delivered quickly.
on 1 June 2012
Cant believe how long this guy has been around and I've only just discovered him.
This album is the best blues rock album I've heard for years.
Stunning guitar riffs, and that track with Jimmy Barnes is to die for !!
Bridges the gap left by Gary Moore and Jeff Healey.
on 24 May 2012
I must admit some of Joe's albums have left me cold with the exception of "Blues Deluxe" and " Sloe Gin" but this one is right up there with the best of them. All the tracks are interesting and remind me some what of the old rhythm and blues days before the term was hi-jacked by some other form of music. His guitar playing is fantastic and to me he sounds rejuvinated. Track 6 "A place in my heart" is beautiful and he plays his guitar with such feeling, very reminiscence of Eric Clapton. This is predominantly a blues/rock album with some very bluesey numbers, I really like this album a lot. Also the booklet which accompanies the CD is very informative especially the history of Joe's guitars and how he bought them, how much he paid, and the differerent sounds they produce, extremely interesting to any up and coming guitarist who may be thinking of buying a guitar.
I have rewritten my review as originally I only gave it two stars. This was due to my mate who came round with this new Joe Bonamassa CD and after about five fine bottles of wine between us I thought I had listened to it but I obviously had'nt. Also I would like to thank the reviewers that advised me that I must be mad not to like it. It is a very very good album and I listened to it sober, thanks.