on 6 November 2014
I will explain why only two stars.

First of all, this is not the product with 4.5 star rating. The rating is for the original product MX 2000 which is an excellent mouse. I have owned it for 2 years and been only satisfied,the only issue I have had with it was that some dirt and crumbs got behind the plastic transparent part and could not been cleaned annoying me when looking at it :).

So I have come across this product and believed it was an upgrade to the existing mouse. After I have bought it and this has been delivered, I have immediatelly noticed issues. It has less buttons, lights can not be customised well, DPI gets reset on it`s own when playing battlefield, have to alt tab out and open the program and rectify, the DPI indicator lights are worthless since they do not indicate the DPI level and after I switch of my PC, these 4 led indictators shine with highest intensity and emit strong green light. I thought a driver issue, and I have noticed that in the title of this product is [Driver Update] !?. I have uninstalled the program, downloaded latest drivers but it`s still the same. I have contacted Perixx on Amazon.de 4 times, yet no one responded to me. I have sent this back and am back to the original MX 2000 and am again happy with it. It may last two more years and it was a good purchase. Shame that this new product has been given the old product`s ratings as the old one was superior in every way and the software that came with it was at least functional.
33 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2015
Was looking for a quality budget gaming mouse and after looking at various reviews on different sites this little baby popped up a few times. It looked just like my old Mionix Naos 5000 so thought i would give it a try. I won't go into a full description of all its features as they are listed here and in other reviews around the web. All i will say is this is absolutely amazing for the price. Have been using it for a month now playing SWTOR and Far Cry 4. This is a palm grip mouse which i prefer and every bit as comfortable as my old Naos. I would recommend this to any gamer that just needs a simple, well built and functional mouse. This deserves all the praise it has received and for this price..well nothing out there comes anywhere near it.The only thing i have noticed is that when i unplug the mouse and restart my laptop i have to adjust my pointer speed back to how i like it each time. I have put this down though to the fact that my MSI disables the touch pad when i plug in a mouse so probably the laptops fault and settings in that. So forget the big brand names like Razer, Roccat, Mionix etc. and go for this if you don't want to spend alot of money. It does everything they do just as well for a fraction of the cost. Even has a long braided chord which you never see on a mouse this cheap. Buy it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 March 2013
I originally bought a Sharkoon Drakonia mouse, but this was dead on arrival and so I returned this to Amazon (great returns service, by the way). I didn't want to order another Drakonia in case it had the same problem, so I thought I'd try the Perixx MX-2000 instead and I'm pleased that I did. It's nicely made, fits the hand well (I'm right-handed) and glides very smoothly over the Drakonia mat that I bought with the Drakonia mouse. I did wonder whether to use the supplied weights, but after trying them for a bit I found that I liked the more solid feel to the mouse (I used all 6 weights), and the mouse seems to glide even more smoothly with all weights on board.
I've not tried programming the buttons yet as I'm not a frequent games player - I just wanted a decent mouse for general use and it fits that requirement very well indeed.
on 24 April 2017
I would have given it 5 stars but its an online manual and its not a very good manual.It took me 24 hours to get it set as i wanted might be because i am 64 now,but now i have it set as i want it i am very pleased. Great delivery on this item .
on 24 March 2017
Was ok, but its cheap and dosnt stand the test of time, several buttons went defective within a year, its useful for maybe 6-8months.
on 1 October 2017
Really excellent mouse for the price, I've bought 4 of these over the years, however the last 2 have both had glue holding the rubber thumb grips melt and seep through making it sticky and gross to use
on 26 March 2014
Absolutely brilliant - for the price I think its seriously good including the software.I am so used to trackballs I didn't think a mouse would match it, but I am surprised and gladly so its cheaper and faster....Love it...
on 20 August 2013
This is simply put an awesome mouse.

Had an Mx500 before this(legendary cs mouse) and a deathadder, and this handily beats both. The weightsystem works flawlessly, and is surprisingly nice.

The mouse has a solid feeling, wirh a great texture.

Has a lot of useful features, which you ususally only find in mice costing 100$+.

If this has a razer/logitech branding on it, the price tag would be three og four times as much(at least).
on 4 December 2012
I was after a new gaming mouse after purchasing a Cyborg Rat 5 which lasted a month before it stopped working. Looking through the Gaming mouse section I came across the Perixx MX-2000 which caught my eye and upon reading the reviews which were all good I decided to buy one. All I can say is for the money this mouse is excellent in style,programmable buttons, build quality and I love the illuminated logo on the back of the mouse.Overall I would say buy it now you will not be disappointed.
on 21 June 2017
Was good and lasted longish until the glue sept through the rubber parts and now it's uncormfortable to play with as it is sticky on the side.