on 12 January 2016
A truly magnificent album from Marcus.
he crosses over all genre of music and there's not a bad track on this one
on 3 December 2016
Masterpiece, my favorite Bassplayer, have seen him several times live
Great Cd Buy It !!!!!!
on 3 October 2016
recommended
on 5 October 2013
It's Marcus Miller what more can I say :). This album is not the usual funky Marcus Miller as we know him, there are a lot more slower tracks than fast funky ones. I normally have a rule of thumb with albums which is if the first 3 tracks don't jump out at me I won't buy it and on this album they didn't. I bought the album just because it is Marcus Miller, he might be a bit annoyed about that but I'm only human :). I had to listen to the album at least 5 times over a period of time to really appreciate what Marcus has delivered. Now I have digested the album I can say that it's great. Marcus is pushing himself beyond the status quo of a jazz bass player to embrace music in it's totality .
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 February 2013
My favourite jazz album of 2012. Marcus delivers a real swinging album of exemplary compositions. Some riffs to die for. This is a drivetime, nighttime, anytime joy.
One person found this helpful
on 1 March 2014
Downloaded this album after seeing Miller at LJF last year. It's doesn't quite match up to seeing him live where that bass vibrates every one of your internal organs, but it's still pretty good!
on 2 December 2012
very good one of his better recent albums this is marcus how i like to hear him with great musicians
on 1 January 2014
I saw his Renaissance tour. This is great stuff if you like MM. What more do you need to know?
on 29 May 2012
I saw much of the material on this CD live at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival in May 2012. It was an astonishing concert.

I was prepared to be disappointed by the studio version. But no. This is a great, great record.

The compositions are good, the playing is tight, but the production makes this record. The bass is centre stage in the mix. Sometimes tender, always funky.

Miller has a great range in his compositions. He has worked with the best, but be quite sure, this is not a musician resting on his laurels.

If the term "Jazz-funk" normally has you running for the hills, this is a good opportunity to open your ears.

Album of the year so far.
5 people found this helpful
on 2 June 2012
this is Marcus's best album since,(the sun don't lie)outstanding playing by all involved faves for me are
mr clean, slipping into darkness, cee-tee-eye, the gig at cheltenham was one of his best this cd just keeps the memories alive,superb all round, just buy it you will not be disappointed.
4 people found this helpful