Price:£3.98+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 1 August 2012
The Proraso menthol shaving cream arrived today. I compared this to the halve priced Derby menthol shaving cream. The Proraso wins outright.
I can't help but rate highly Proraso shaving products but they really are excellent top quality products from Italy. I have tried their shaving soap and pre-post shaving cream (I use this as a balm). I would advise anyone shopping for shaving products to try YouTube shavingnation.com and see the many reviews by geofatboy, who takes time to demonstrate numerous straight and safety razors along with shaving creams and soaps. I do believe that anyone who invests £50 for a Merkur razor, Badger hair shave brush and Proraso shave cream will be converted and chuck out these expensive cans of foam and 5 bladed cartridges. I rate Proraso shave cream 10 out of 10.
on 22 September 2010
I got into traditional wet shaving about three months ago, Proraso products had excellent reviews on the shaving forums like Badger and Blade and was curious to try it out myself.

I was not disappointed, keep in mind you need to use this cream in conjuction with a shaving mug or cappucino cup, a decent shaving brush (badger if you can) and an almond sized amount of this superb shaving cream. Put the almond sized amount in your cup or mug, make sure you've wetted your brush with hot water, squeeze out about half the water and start mixing. Give it a minute and you should have an excellent shaving lather that is almost the consistency of meringue. You can then apply the lather to your face to shave.

This stuff is fantastic, has a menthol and medicinal smell akin to vicks vapour rub which for me I like, and really cools your face during the shave. When you've rinsed off the remaining lather after your shave, your face feels better for it. There are a variety of other proraso produts available and are reasonably cheap. Don't take my word for it, look it up on the internet and you will hear rave reviews aplently.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 December 2012
I've just started to shave using a traditional styled double edge safety razor Edwin Jagger De89bl Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor. After researching for many hours the endless creams and soaps available i decided to go for a cream a) because creams are supposedly easier to lather b) i live in a hard water area c) i wanted to start off easy. I chose this one as it seemed to be highly recommended.

Well this cream from Proraso is fantastic in many ways... firstly the metal squeezy tube comes in a box and the 150ml tube is bigger than you imagine it to be, the lid is a screw top so for travel purposes it's not going to come off easily. The cream is "pearl white" in colour and at first has a thick concentrated form, meaning you don't need much (almond size) as when you whip it up in a bowl there is more than enough for 3 shaving passes. Now this cream has eucalyptus and menthol which you can smell once you start whipping it up although it's not overpowering, indeed it smells nice and refreshing, almost like an old school barbers. I won't give directions as to how to use this cream but if you go on Youtube you can find many good videos especially from "geofatboy". The only thing i will add is if you live in a hard water area like me you will probably need slightly more cream and use warm not hot water.

When you place it on your face ideally using a badger shaving brush (the one i bought is the For Him by Tweezerman Deluxe Shaving Brush) you can feel the cooling effect of the menthol on your skin and the pleasant smell of eucalyptus. This last for the whole time the cream is on your face, indeed the cooling effect becomes stronger on your second and third pass. It acts as a good moisturizer and gives a nice slick shave due to this cream having Glycerin in it.

PROS: provides a nice luxury lather, smells great, cools your face, very slick, squeezy tube is convenient and ideal for travel, will last a long time, Paraben free!

CONS: as i live in a hard water area it takes me a good minute or two longer to get the desired effect but it's nothing to worry about.

VERDICT: This is the first proper shaving cream i have used and i'm impressed, it reduced the irritation i use to get during shaving and the nice cooling effect of the menthol was great. Even though the water in my area is hard i was able to generate a decent lather to get three passes out of a small amount, it just took a little longer to whip up. I intend to try other shaving creams but until i do i will enjoy using this cream.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! ...any questions please post a comment and i'll get back to you a.s.a.p!
on 11 July 2016
Amazing performer and by far the best value for money cream and I've tried a few. Ridiculously easy to lather up and provides a thick, slick cushion (not as slick as poly soap but for a cream quite slick). It feels quite refreshing throughout the whole shave.

I don't particularly like the scent but I don't hate it either and I guess the mint/eucalyptus combo helps get the refreshing feeling on your face aside from the scent. The pharmacy-like scent wears out after 5-10 minutes and leaves the lightest hint of mint, so by the time you are ready for work you're good to go without eradicating unsuspecting civilians on their way to work.

On the first use I got by far the closest shave i've gotten with a cream without going against the grain. The freshness feeling also lasts a couple of hours, which helps you wake up if you're an early bird.

Overall? Massive legacy, max performance, cheap, quick&easy, unsurpassed freshness. Doesn't feel luxurious and is solely focused on performance, which is precisely why it is by far the best everyday performer for many people who want a quick morning shave. There is no excuse for not getting one if you're after performance.
on 11 July 2012
Very good when used in conjunction with the pre-shave cream. The tube is perhaps not my favourite for pressing the cream out, but the cream itself is very smooth, and allows the blade to glide very easily across rougher parts of the face. Good smell, and good smooth feel after the shave.
on 10 June 2016
After taking advice on top end shaving products i was recommended this. I used it for the 1st time tonight and i am very very happy with this, so much so that all my other gels, foams etc have been binned. I had a shower, used good facial scrub, the proraso pre shave cream. Whilst i was doing this my brush was soaking in my cup of warm water. Emptied the cup, and took a little drop of this, about the size of a 5p piece, agitated in the cup and the lather produced was staggering, given the amount i put on the brush, It spread on freely and stuck well. When shaving with this and a new blade the shave was smooth, and very close. My face did not feel tight, sore or dry after the 2nd pass. This will last a long time, and given the price and reputation, as well as performance and results, i would advise anyone to buy and use this, and like me declutter at same time by binning bulkier and more expensive branded products
on 26 December 2014
Discovered this whilst staying in a number of Apartments in Australia that supplied it, Great shaving cream, best shaves ever, rethought my regime completely, binned multi blade razors, gone for same single blade type used when I 1st started shaving and 100% improved over all this modern take on shaving. Very large tube, needs only a large pea sized amount of cream so should last a very long time. This change should save me a fortune in expensive multi bladed razor replacements when used with this cream.
on 23 July 2011
A nice and refreshing shave cream that comes from a manufacturer that has given us a number of classic wet shaving products since the 1920s. Unfortunately does not contain lanolin (as the old formulation of Omega shaving cream did) but still a great product overall. Latherability is very good, scent is menthol/eucalyptus and very fresh (perfect to really wake you up in the morning), moisturizing properties are good and the price is not bad.

A shave cream that will certainly not disappoint you. Should you like to get something 'one level up' performance-wise in exactly the same scent and efficacy, you would have to buy the Santa Maria Novella shave cream (in 220ml tub) that comes from the same factory, but also has lanolin added to it. You would however have to pay x7 times what you pay for this Proraso tube but certainly the difference will not be noticeable for a such a price hike.

Proraso shave cream - Recommended.
on 31 August 2014
This is absolutely fine as a shaving cream - it's neither better nor worse than the many others I've tried. It lathers up quickly with a brush and softens the bristles adequately. So given that the product does its main job, the only differentiating factor is the fragrance, and personally I'm not too keen on it. It's not quite as "refreshing and invigorating" as it says on the label (in Italian) as I expected.

But this is personal taste, and I certainly would not fault it as a shaving cream per se.
on 12 September 2015
This is one of the best creams I have ever tried as you only need a little bit to produce a thick consistency which goes a long way and the quality is also excellent. I had enough of all the gels and shaving foams which aren't anywhere near as good as this cream. I have found that it has reduced the amount of little nick's and cuts that I used to get with inferior products and with me having sensitive skin, I don't have any problem shaving regularly with the proraso as it doesn't irritate my skin as used with a decent razor, it's a joy to use. Excellent all rounder.