Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 5 March 2015
Stumbled across this trilogy by accident, and it has provided me with many hours of interesting reading relating to the background of Catherine Cookson's relatives, childhood and ultimately her adulthood. One wonders how people in those days endured such hard times at all but this trilogy is well written and the reader feels that they are actually part of the story rather than observing. I totally recommend to anyone who likes a good family saga generally but it will particularly appeal to any fan of Catherine Cookson. Well done and thank you to the author
on 19 August 2017
This trilogy moved along seamlessly. It painted a picture of hardship, struggle and abuse. It was an engaging read which focussed on some of the more challenging parts of British history. I would have liked a little more reference to the jarrow march.
on 1 April 2017
As i live in the next town to Jarrow I found this a lovely book to read. I recognised a lot of the places mentioned and could follow the dialect with no problem.I have passed it on to my mother for her to read and feel she will enjoy it as much as i did.
on 19 March 2017
A book to really get stuck into. You really get to feel like one of the many characters in the book following the three generations.
on 13 April 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy. Author knows how to keep you enthralled.
on 21 July 2017
A very good trilogy. Reminds me of Catherine Cookson at her best.
on 4 May 2017
I found this trilogy very difficult to put down, the characters extremely believable. The stories went along at a good rate. I had forgotten how much class distinction in the country and deprivation there was in the industrial areas and women's lives were extremely tough.
on 30 May 2016
I really enjoyed this trilogy I could not put it down it was not till I got to the end, well I won't say about the ending you read it is all I can say, your not be disappointed.
on 20 July 2017
I've enjoyed all the books. So true to life in days gone by. Excellent
on 14 August 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy, was fascinated that the third book brought in the story of Catherine Cookson. Three great stories.
Now reading another trilogy by the same author.
Margaret Wilson