on 12 June 2016
very interesting. Having grown up in the East End of London it was nice to know the history of places I remember. Great book for anyone of like childhood. five stars
on 13 December 2012
Very interesting in to the history of London, dispells some stories about events. Very easy to get to grips with the sites of the old buildings and institutes that no longer exist.
7 people found this helpful
on 24 August 2013
It has been useful to me as a reference medium and told me about places that I already knew in greater depth. My one disappointment was the absence of street and area maps, showing their changes over the years.
on 27 July 2016
very interesting
on 14 May 2013
Interesting read enjoyed it.
short but very interesting.
love London history engaging facts.
wish there was more books on London history like this one.
on 9 July 2016
Very interesting and it busts some of the myths that surround some of the people that helped made London.
on 23 December 2014
The book traces the history of London well, however, it was very disappointing to find absolutely no illustrations in it.
on 30 April 2013
A good informative book. I learned alot about the history and development of London that I didn't know. A good book for anyone interested in our capital city.
on 3 December 2017
Brilliant
on 25 January 2017
Over factual and very dated in style of writing