on 22 August 2017
I first read this when I was around so eighteen and it stuck with me ever since. A rare thing indeed. I lost my paperback somewhere along the way, so bought this copy and reread it.What a fine story of mental decline this is, and a perfect example of a well written and structured short story. Highly recommended.
on 1 May 2017
Excellent book. Rather unsettling to read. The story of a controlling husband which must have been very relevant in its day and sadly occasionally still relevant today.
on 15 March 2017
Excellent story and very well written. I'm not going to give the plot away but I can say that it's a very short story with a biting twist to the end. Well worth reading.
on 25 July 2017
Not my usual kind of read, but I loved it. Short read but the descent into madness is so vivid. Just read it you won't be disappointed.
on 17 February 2016
Expertly menacing as the tension levels build. Fabulous writing by a woman who has clearly plumbed the depths of mental health issues. Amazing use of environment to describe a worsening state of mind.
on 1 June 2017
I started reading this book for my English coursework, prepared to not enjoy it, however it was extremely engaging and thought provoking with a great ending. I would highly recommend to anyone, whether it's to study for English or just read for pleasure as it is thoroughly enjoyable and quite a quick read.
on 17 August 2017
Didn't see the hype but it was free and it's a quick, easy read.
on 6 August 2017
Would rate this 4\5 as its a fairly decent short story
Fairly good for young individuals , hence the rating
on 1 August 2017