on 1 June 2011
In many respects this was fascinating and I did enjoy it. This was a free download and there were no formatting problems.

However it just isn't really about the life of Buddha. It is more about the views of the author. As an introduction or as an explanatory text, it doesn't do a very good job.

I still thought that it was a worthwhile read and I did find it interesting and got something out of it. It is short and though it introduces many concepts that can be a little hard to get your head around it is written in a pretty easy to understand style.

I am glad that I downloaded and read this book.
on 11 December 2013
This is perhaps the best book I'll ever read , it's most certainly the greatest I've read so far in my 63 years of age .

It seems to be the background musings and interpretations of life for all religions.

I'm the original anti religion guy , I totally abhor the concept of organised religious control by some twerp who claims to be able to see the kings fine clothes. Which is a childrens story about idiots conning idiots till a child comes along and says get real ...stop lying , there is nothing there .

This book contains some of the concepts & principles that have brought man from being a fierce caveman into being able to live together in communities that help support each other to the common good . It's the one thing that not only stands the test of time , nothing better has been invented to better it.

You don't need religion to practice these concepts either , I've been a caveman practicing them and didn't realize it .

Now thanks to the author you too can develop you mind and heart.
on 24 May 2016
I have read other books which do the job better.
One point that struck me. He quotes Edwin Arnold saying 'It is 2500 years since humanity put forth such a flower.' I beg to differ. I reckon the man Jesus, without all the add-ons like virgin birth, was an even brighter 'flower'.
Having said that, I think Edwin Arnold's book The Light of Asia is excellent.
VINE VOICEon 8 February 2013
This is a lovely little book to dip into. Very philosophical and gives you some good life lessons to ponder on, some really good wisdom. I have this on my phone and dip into it when i have quite times for a few minutes.
Would recommend.
on 12 April 2017
Not really what I thought I was getting I prefer more simple
on 2 December 2017
Not yet read
on 8 April 2017
An excellent product at an excellent price.
on 10 October 2017
An excellent book
on 24 April 2017
Very Enlightening
on 14 August 2015
I didn't know there were radical Buddhists, I haven't read it all. It's not in keeping with Buddha's calm teachings.