• FING

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 10 September 2012
I bought this to read with my nephew when he comes for sleepovers & he loved it. He was fascinated by the idea of a boy with no knees & tried to walk just like him. It has humour, a bit of scary stuff & a happy ending, perfect for a seven year old boy.
on 8 November 2012
Stupendous book, my son loved it (age 7) and so did I - we want the sequel!! Reading it myself, I would have thought the plot was too complicated for children, but this was one of the best successes we've had with the kids.
on 27 April 2013
I bought this on a whim, but I am always interedted in what other Authors are Writing for Childern. I found this totaly charming. Cleverly written and good moral tale behind it (stay posative and Fing's will only get better). I am going to read other works by this Author as writing of this nature is rare. Simple, moral and good thoughts no matter how bad the situation.
I think a good read for children and good to read with children. Very happy with this purchase and glad I discovered it.
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2013
Loved this short tale about Fing! My 8 year old son enjoyed it too - I thought Fing was going to be a bit scary..... but it wasn't. It was just a lovely book about a little boy who needed a friend.... and found one in an unlikely place.
on 8 May 2013
Was really enjoyed by my 7year old son and also me! It was well written and grabbed the imagination of my son from the start. Lots of bits in the story made us laugh out loud, would recommend this to everyone :-)
on 28 February 2013
My 10 years old son and I recently discovered the books by Papa G, and we love them so much we read on the Kindle and ordered the paperback. The books are well written, they are funny and engaging. I was looking for a good book to encourage my son to read more, a short book that would leave him wanting for more. And we definitely found it! Papa G books have great little stories; I have also used the books to support extra curriculum literacy activities.
FING is a lovely story, is one of those books you cannot put it down. You just need to know what happens next. My son loved the idea of having a 'good' monster who looks after you, that he traced a pattern on paper and we made our own Fing soft toy.
We highly recommend this book as we thoroughly enjoyed reading it!!!
on 22 May 2014
Really enjoyed this so much. The boy with no knees and the 'fing' in the closet, it was such a delightful bedtime story.

Whenever I read to my daughter, always have to read as the character inwhich she will enjoy more. But she most definitely was following the storyline completly, she was very quiet listening and so I could see it also relaxed her entirely.

It was beautifully written, I can most certainly see a yp being able to read this no probs atall. The sketchings and drawings were wonderful. Will be reading again as obviously 'Fing' is one of her favourites.
on 20 February 2013
I read this aloud to my 5 year old this afternoon. I'm not certain what age it is written for, but she seemed able to follow it with ease and wasn't disturbed by some of the darker undertones. I thought it was well written. I especially liked how some of the long, convoluted sentences flowed when read. The running jokes were funny, the pictures cute, and the message inspiring. All-in-all a fun little short story.
on 28 February 2013
Just finished reading this to my 6 and 9 year old as a bedtime story. Nice length to cover over 2 or 3 nights. Girls fascinated by prospect of a boy with no knees and have tried this out in various places which has left us giggling. We're not into monsters but Fing delighted us. Illustrations are great too.
on 22 February 2013
This is a fantastic book. It is simple, fun and the illustrations complement it perfectly and add to its charm. It managed to captivate my 8 year old son but think it may be more suited to younger children - 6 yrs and 7 would probably be the perfect age - can't praise this enough - really.