on 25 August 2015
Great product and been a fan since the first one was released, but not compatible with the PS3 anymore as with the older version. Regarding the recent Windows 10 upgrade, there have been several issues with the Elgato freezing during recording. Apparently they are working on this issue, but in the meantime you can improve things by lowering some of the quality settings and disabling the preview window
on 9 February 2013
The quality from this card is amazing, the software is really useful and overall the package is brilliant.
would defiantly recommend, but if you want to play your console on its own, you still need your computer on or swap the cables around.
If you have a USB port that has power to it (mine is a monitor with side ports that I leave on standby when my computer is off), this is not a problem.
on 1 October 2014
Everything works great, came with all the components specified In the description and no damages to report.

Not to complicated to set up I just had to look up a simple guide on youtube and it works fine.

Highly recommended to kick off a gaming channel on youtube.

It came a day late but it also came with a another product which came early so all in all nothing bad.
on 24 September 2013
This is the best game capture device you will ever buy, even though it's slightly more expensive than the Hallpark HD PVR, it does not need a mains power supply, and the quality is also much better, however you need a minimum of 2.0 GHz in order for the software to run properly and for you to not experience any lag in recording, I have a 1.3 GHz laptop and I am experiencing some lag, I would recommend that you creat a new account on your laptop/pc, ONLY for recording and for other recording software.(like fraps or Xsplit) but on the whole, A GREAT BUY!
on 11 February 2016
I love this card, it has HMDI pass through so you can still game on the TV/Monitor and record to pc/laptop separately with no input lag. Has a good software that comes with it that is frequently updated making life easy for live stream or just capturing footage. Works well with third party software too i.e OBS. In total this worth the money and very good for new comers to streaming and capturing.
on 3 February 2017
Awesome kit records game play very well full editing software with it awesome. I use it for the Xbox one
on 2 January 2015
I upgraded to this from the Capture HD and apart from the extra frames which are handy for recording the odd game here and there it isn't really too much different from the HD. I found the Capture easier to stream with too so I guess the best way I can describe this is it's for people who like to record games and other than that not really a needed purchase, you can stick with the Capture HD.
on 3 June 2014
Got this to start my YouTube off and I have to say after using the HDPVR previously I didn't think anything could top that but I'm pleased to say this did exactly that,the editing software isn't however as good as I was expecting bit every other aspect of it is great the game capture quality and the audio playback quality,would definitely recommend to anyone starting a YouTube account :)
on 29 March 2016
Got this on a daily deal for just under £100 to replace my unreliable other make recorder, well worth the money, the software has to be downloaded but works well and everything records as expected. I have had one instance of sound out of sync but after investigating found it was just me skipping a process and it 's not done it again. All in all a good product with good picture and sound.
on 4 June 2015
It's been 1 year on since I've had this Elgato HD60 and it's definitely the best gaming capture device I've used. The quality is great at 1080p and of course the 60fps (as in the products name), but it also allows you to stream to twitch easily. The editing software and interface works really well for what you pay. I really would recommend this product. Feel free to ask questions too.