Customer reviews

Vanguard Endeavor ED 10x42 Waterproof Binoculars with Case
Model Number: Endeavor ED 10x42|Change

on 28 April 2017
Although these were a bit more expensive from the seller (Carmarthen Cameras) than some, I needed them for a certain date, and because I had had excellent service from them previously, I decided to order from them. The order arrived in excellent time, and was well-packaged without being over-packaged. The binoculars themselves are crystal clear and not too heavy. The only tiny disappointment is that there seems to be a minute piece of debris inside the edge of one of the lenses. I don't know if this is due to the manufacturing process and quality control not being quite what it should be, but if you are paying over £300 for what is an excellent pair of binoculars, they should be absolutely pristine. I am, however, very happy with them - they are superbly easy to focus, and I see no evidence of chromatic aberration referred to by some other reviewers. (Might also tend to agree that a 'double' zip would be handy on the case for ease of use.)
on 30 January 2015
I have to admit to being a little blown away by these which I managed to buy for £200.

Optically they are excellent, with really bright and clear imaging. I took a punt on these on the basis I could return them, but I will be holding on to them.

They come with a really nice case and comfortable, adjustable neck or hand strap that can convert for a number of uses. The instructions for this aren't that clear and it took a while to realise what the very small image was portraying.

I doubt the Mark 2 versions are twice as good (which is the pricing differential).
on 13 September 2017
I already own a pair of good 8x42 binos but need more power so looking for 10x42. Being a keen photographer and familiar with vangaurd tripods and their quality I decided to look at their binos. I have read a lot of good reviews about the quality and performance of these optics, many say they are better than other brands costing much more.
My dilemma was the big difference in price between this model and the newer ones, not wanting to pay the newer models price I went for these. I was expecting these to be less bright than my 8x42 as they are 10x42 but was supprised to find no difference at all very pleased. The image is excellent I cannot see any fringing testing these in very sunny conditions looking at high contrast subjects. The fast focus is great to use, others say its to aggressive I disagree here, only 1 turn of the dial for total focal range is amazing my older binos take nearly 3 turns and so slow.
So glad I decided on these they really are fantastic and would highly recommend them. Left wondering what vanguard has done to improve on these in the newer models for all that extra money, how can they be better?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 May 2017
They arrived in time even though I live in a place that is a pain to find. And the binos are absolutely gorgeous! I already have another pair, well two to be honest, which are both slightly better than the Nikon Monarch I had before. They are both 8 power, but I decided that I needed something a bit stronger for bird watching. After reading various reviews I decided on these. And they didn't disappoint me. Wonderfully crisp and clear and very sharp. They have great build quality and an absolute pleasure to hold. Add ED glas and water proofness and you have a winner!
on 13 June 2014
After looking at various reviews on the Vanguard Endever ED 8x42 bins from both professionals and individuals i decided to take the plunge. First of all the price on amazon was very good, they arrived before time, admittedly they could have been packaged better.

First thing that you see when taking them out of the box is that they are a vary nice piece of kit, both to look at and to hold, they fit in my hands perfectly.

Second, setting them up was a breeze, plenty of adjustment in the eye cups (i ware glasses and did not have any problems).

Third, the image clarity is brilliant, a good field of view, natural colours.

Last, the case that you get is adequate, but could be better, but at this price you cant complain.
on 28 November 2013
Well pleased with my purchase .... The binoculars are well built so should last many years of use. Image quality is great with vivid colour. The bonus of the £40 cashback if purchased before the end of January 2014 was the deciding factor. Would have considered the more expensive 10.5x45 version binoculars if they were included in cashback offer (which was not the case at time of purchase) but these have a very good field of view for a 10x mag. binocular ... This was one of the main attractive features. The many good reviews also helped me decide. Would definitely recommend this product.
on 12 November 2016
So happy!
Wanted good binos for years and these are so clear to look through.
Think these are amongst the best value decent binos on the market
on 25 November 2014
Very good indeed, particularly in low light. Once calibrated to your eyes the image is razor sharp. There is some chromatic aberration though when the subject is viewed against a bright background, however this is minor and I am not complaining about it. The binoculars are very sturdy and well made and not too heavy. Accessories are good quality (case, neck strap, caps).
on 15 February 2014
Well this is my first pair of quality binoculars, and I must say I really didn't knew how good can binoculars be until I bought these 8x42. My previous binoculars were a skymaster 15x70 that are outclassed in every aspect by the vanguard ed's. Even if the "advantage" would go to the bigger aperture and magnification, the 8x42 endeavor ed's are clearly better.

First aspect that I noticed is that the focus is so smooth and kept over a huge distance, in the 15x70 I had to refocus every time, now I hardly do refocus, only when watching up close is refocusing really needed. The body feels solid and the grip is perfect, the image is crystal clear, I detect no fringe color though I'm not that picky (with the 15x70 there was a lot of visible color fringing and the image was not crystal clear, it was kind of blurry though I didn't knew that until I bought the 8x42 ed's). I've also read other reports that said the neck strap won't fit in the supplied bag along with the binoculars, well the truth is they fit, not perfectly, a little forced but they do fit in. The magnification is just right and I can easily keep the image steady, even at night watching stars, my older 15x70 were tricky to hand hold during the day and impossible at night.

All in all a great set of binoculars. Compared to my old skymaster 15x70, which I bought cause I found a lot of 5stars great reports, there is a huge and visible difference in quality, body construction, ergonomics and image quality.
on 17 October 2014
I Purchased these after reading several reviews which scored them highly against similar binoculars at that price.
The build quality of the Endeavor 10x42 is excellent and they have a reassuring solidness about them. Also because they are waterproof I have had no qualms about using them in poor weather.
The optics are first class with bright, sharp and clear images, though I have to say that my pair shows a small amount of colour fringing. Depth perception is also good. Yet another positive with the Endeavor 10x42 is the excellent view angle of 6.5 degrees.
They come supplied with a soft carry case, strap and cleaning cloth.
I am more than happy with my purchase of the Vanguard Endeavor 10x42 binoculars and I can recommend them to anyone upgrading or buying for the first time.