on 6 July 2017
Last year was my Lisa Gardener year when I binge read all of the 'DD Warren' series up to date.
This year I'm rationing out the FBI Profiler series and have just read book 2, so there is plenty more to go. (I love her books).
What can I say; it does my soul good to occasionally escape from this Sceptred Isle of ours and go way out west to the northwest coast Oregon, where lies the small town of Bakersville, with a small time sheriff's department dealing with a big time crime. Mass murder, and the Sheriff's 13 year old son is caught red handed with a smoking gun in his hand.
Enter FBI profiler, Dr Pierce Quincy, who is here to assist Officer Rainie Connor, who has known the perpetrator since childhood.
High drama, at it's very best. I was on the edge of my seat reading this one.
Brilliant, brilliant brilliant. You have got to read it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 August 2017
A very good read, lots going on to keep me interested, I enjoyed this book very much. I find serial killer stories fascinating and this one looked at things from a slightly different angle, what if the killer they caught once, escaped? Where would he go, what would he do and how long can he stay one step ahead? The police and the FBI can't let him slip through their fingers again, as the life of his traumatised ex-wife and the welfare of his daughter hang in the balance. Great story. I did not like a couple of the characters though, which made it hard for me to root for them as much as I probably should have, but that's just my personal opinion, the story was great and I would certainly read more in this series.
on 3 March 2016
Brilliant ....loved this book... Started a bit slow...but then boom..! Action packed page turner.. Decent read, not over in a night..a good juicy tale to get your teeth into. Not going into the story..but I would highly recommend it. Don't normally do book reviews, but had to in this case. Buy..you won't be disappointed. Now I'm off to find more books by this author..
on 16 August 2017
A chilling suspense thriller about a ruthless serial killer, who has perfected his craft. A long, edge of the seat book that is difficult to put down, always wondering where he is and when he will strike again. The only negative comment I would make is that 3 people had names beginning with the same initial, ie Mario and Martha, Dillon and Difford, Jim and JT, and as the scene changes from one page to the next, it's very easy to get confused about which character is which. But apart from that, it was a great book, and I would strongly recommend.
on 27 May 2017
First book I've read from this author and I'm not sure whether to bother with any more or not....It had so many unanswered questions...as I was reading I was always thinking "why would she do that" so many things didn't make sense...they just were totally unbelievable.. The characters were so over the top caricatures of damaged human beings it was laughable.. Why on earth would Marion do what she did at the end of the book it was stupid ...there are mixed reviews for this and some of the bad ones say her other books are better so maybe I will try another ..wish I hadn't started with this..a decent story that should have been done better.....
on 1 May 2014
Could not put this book down the hook at the beginning was gripping and kept you guessing and wanting to know the answers..
A man is put to death for killing six children, whilst a nine year old girl is left in ER who doesn't know who she is, twenty years later we are now thrown into the heart of a family about to fall apart, but how is everything linked together? Not the way I was expecting.
They are slowly turning on each other, suspecting each other for things they may or may not have done and the twists and turns keep coming until the end. When you think you know who the girl in ER was and is , she might not be, what has the family done? It will shock you what they did and who.
Very well plotted and fast paced. Great characters and a good telling of the pain of each character bringing some sort of understanding to their actions.
on 12 July 2016
A perfectly believable horror story with an equally believable ending. Well crafted and developed with characters who came over as real people not paper images. Some other "chick lit" authors could take lessons from Lisa Gardner (Lisa Jackson ????) Not for her the pretty women who need men to justify their existence. Read the DD Warren series for more strong women if you follow this argument.
on 21 November 2016
Lisa Gardner has done it again. This book was so good I didn't get who did what until almost the end. A brilliant read as always, a must for lovers of gripping crime and Lisa Gardner
on 29 January 2013
From the first - to last page i was Hooked! I read it at every opportunity I had and couldn't wait to find out the next twist & turn. It is skillfully written and yet easy to read. My only difficulty was trying to remember the names of the many charecter's at the beginning, but the story was so intrigueing I was soon hooked. Lisa weaved so much detail into the plot line which made for an interesting read. I had no idea 'who dunnit' right up untill the end but I did find the ending slightly dissapointing but the rest of the book was fascinating. I am definately going to read all her books in future. A great book, buy it!!
on 22 July 2015
So disappointed. Very clichéd, sexual stereotypes, more mills and boom than the usual fab Lisa Gardner. It actually made me cringe in places. Didn't even bother to finish it. Can only think that this was written many years ago and only just released on Kindle. Really, don't bother. It only got the one star as I couldn't post review with none!