on 14 September 2012
I bought this portable TV for the kitchen. I was unable to get any signal using the portable TV aerial supplied nor from the built in aerial either. Portable aerials never work seem to work in this area and I was planning on using the mains aerial socket anyway, I found it difficult to aquire the aerial socket to mini F-connector cable TV socket adapter in any of the stores where I live. Eventually I used Google search engine to look for the adapter and found that Allcam World of Portables had it in stock and it was reasonably priced. The television works great now and I am very happy with my purchase. I think the sound volume could do with being a bit higher as I have to have the volume on full to hear it. The picture quality is good, have not actually tried the other features on this TV yet but I am sure they will be just as good. I am quite surprised that Amazon do not sell the adapter to connect to the mains aerial or advertise the type of connector required and where it can be bought.
on 22 June 2013
The super quality little TV arrived promptly and well packaged in it's box. I've found that there is a knack to getting the best from it using the supplied magnetically based wanderer ariel, the collapable stick ariels don't seem to pick much up for me. When in a new signal area, select a main channel like BBC1 and look at the signal strength and quality by pressing the 'i' button then selecting 'program info'. Adjust the ariel to get maximun signal strength, anything 40+% is usually fine and leave it there, the signal 'quality' may remain at 0% before a retune. Then press the 'M' (menu) button to go back to the main options screen. Select the bottom right 'Settings' symbol then 'Channel Search' then 'Area Search'. This will pick up all available channels where you are, I'm getting all of them except ITV3 for some reason in a lot of locations. If they come through in a jumbled numerical order, a default needs to be altered, i.e, from the main screen follow 'Settings' - 'Channel Manager' - 'Channel Sorting' - then set the 'First Option' to 'UK'. Press 'OK' on remote and click 'yes' in the little box to store the setting for future. You can get a lot more from your battery too by lowering the screen brightness a tad from the 50% default to 30%. From the main screen, select 'Settings' - 'Configuration' - 'TV' - 'Brightness', right click into the scrollable 0-100% section and click 30%. Click the 'Exit' button on the remote and it will say 'Successfully Updated'. I think the picture and sound quality on this mini tele would be hard to beat. Now if anyone can let me know how to get through level 12 of the 'Box Man' game I'll be a happy chappie.. ;-)

Edit to my review above nine months on. This really is a superb mini TV that has given us a watchable signal through to superb signal everywhere we've tried it using the magnetic wandering ariel. You have to follow my advice above regarding tuning at new locations and remember that each channel can be picked up two or three times under different channel numbers. The strongest BBC1 signal may not be on channel 1, but channel (for example) 352 etc. That goes for a lot of the other channels to. We travelled from Kent to the Highlands of Scotland via the Lake District last Summer and watched TV at each campsite. I've tried it at dozens of other places and it hasn't failed to give us a good enough signal yet. We have now turned the brightness down to 10 or 20% when out of sunlight for nearer the stated 3 hours battery life, also use small earphones instead of the loudspeaker helps... ;-)
on 14 March 2013
I'm not going to knock the product is quite a nice portable TV but there are somethings that you need to know that the manufactures and the advertisers aren't telling you. Remember the analog signal where you used to be able to get a signal twenty to thirty miles away from a transmitter, well although digital is wonderful that isn't the case anymore. With the best and I do mean the best portable aerial currently nine miles is the best that you can hope to get (big down side for portable products as transmitters are typically forty miles apart). Lets make this simple for more than half the country, probably as little as one eighth this product and any other portable product will not get a signal, so think very hard about about what you want from this product and where you live in respect to transmitter locations! If your camping, out in the garden, caravanning etc are you going to be camping near or under a transmitter?

What is the solution? For manufactures and advertisers to come clean about the likely hood of you getting a signal! Or to boost the power of the network! Increase transmitter numbers (imagine the planning problems with that, "not in my back yard") But at least I've been honest with you and told you the critical information you need to know. Anyone inclined I would suggest contacting the freeview network and asking them when they intend to provide the coverage previously available for portable devices.
on 6 December 2013
I love this item that i received and it was delivered early than the estamated date. I have tried it out as it is a christmas present and i am very impressed with it, i would recommend anyone to get one, they are fab. This is a great company to get it from as i did. Thank you
on 21 June 2012
hello I got this product I was unsure if it be any good as I was considering geting the bigger august however am pleased with it apart from one thing. the discription says it will play mp4 well this is not true only plays avi video I did like the digital radio. from what I can see the speakers are not bad this item is mainly a picture frame thing but doubles up as a digital tv too. 3hr battery is a good point.looks better in person than in the photo. because their was no reviews i was unsure if it be any good the earlier review I would not trust as I suggested the company give me a discount in exchange for a honest review but then suddenly a review apeared. price wise you cant beat it. nice product.
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2013
Attempting to obtain either a satisfactory TV or radio signal with this item was well-nigh impossible. Not fit for purpose!
on 22 September 2013
if i needed a second one i would certainly buy again, portable & compact, i would of liked a second lead for aerial, has you cannot buy over the counter
on 27 September 2013
Ordered this for my husband to watch tv on the go and when away nights. He loves it. Great picture. Would recommend this product.
on 21 August 2013
Very good seller had bit of trouble with signal but ok now may need to get booster but works all over house on main aerial.
on 7 January 2013
It can be difficult to get a signal ( Im using it in the kitchen) but when you do its a great wee tv!