Customer reviews

on 27 December 2012
My two daughters aged 4 and 8 saw these advertised and pleaded for them for Christmas, they were a bit difficult to track down but the magic of amazon worked. We ordered a four pack so that they could have two each. They were met with squeals of delight on the day and it wasn't long before we were gathered in front of a bathroom sink filled with warm water to see what would happen. Getting into the mermaid package took a while as they are wrapped in an outer layer of coloured wrapping and an inner wrapping of clear plastic but this is to prevent the mermaid disintegrating should it get wet accidentally and so is a necessary evil.
As we placed the mermaid in the sink a great fizzing began which thrilled the onlookers and eventually once the fizzing had stopped a mermaid appeared, we were able to use the packing to identify which mermaid we had hatched and once we had watched the others hatch we held the mermaids under the cold tap and their tails did indeed change colour which also thrilled the girls. They did lose some interest in the mermaids once the initial excitement of the fizzing and colour changing tails had worn off and I am not sure how much they will be played with now and they are expensive for what they are. We did get four different mermaids but I think it is very much the luck of the draw, we ended up with two common mermaids, one rare one and one ultra rare and I have already been asked for more! If your kids really want these be prepared for them to end up in a drawer once the excitement has faded but great fun to watch fizz.
The seller sent the item as described, well packaged and in good time.
on 17 April 2017
Bought these for my 5 year old niece. She absolutely loves them. They are incredibly expensive for what you get though.
on 12 December 2013
I bought these Mermaid magic fizz n surprise for my 3 year old grandson who loves mermaids. I have never seen him so excited about anything. I had to help him with the fizz part but when the mermaids appeared he was so excited and he's played with them constantly since. I have never seen him so quiet and rapt with anything else her has. just a little dish of cold water and a little dish of warm water and as the mermaids and dipped into hot and then cold their tails change colour and then back again. So simple but what a great idea.

Buy them you won't be disappointed and neither will your little ones.
on 3 April 2014
Very sweet little mermaids. Bought this for my daughter for Xmas with a Disney swimming pool. It was so magical, her face was a treat when finally each mermaid emerged from the bubbling water. The mermaids were excellent quality and are still played with now.
This exciting Mermaid Magic Set is amazing my daughter was gobsmacked thats all you have to do is put your shell into warm water, watch it dissolve and wait for your surprise. And what a wonderful suprise it is when your mermaid appears, simply dip its tail from the warm water to the cold water and watch it magically change colour. I never had anything glide this when I was a child do I was just as amazed as my daughter was great for a bit of fun and excitement highly recommended.
on 18 January 2014
We are very lucky as our granddaughters often come and stay and on special occasions they have the excitement of the magic mermaids and to be honest I cannot believe the enjoyment and fun these small toys give. Brilliant
on 12 February 2015
My daughters wanted to dissolve these in the bath - not sure how safe they are for that?! In the end, we dissolved them in a bowl in the bath! Otherwise, a brilliant concept and we are addicted to collecting the whole set! Great as presents for little girls - everyone we have bought them for, love them!
on 9 January 2014
I had never seen these but my 5yr old daughter kept asking for 1 for Xmas. Was good value to buy 4 together. Can't say I was that impressed but my daughter loved watching them fizz in the water & she loves playing with them in the bath, making the tails change colour.
on 4 October 2015
This product provides considerable interest and excitement for young children as they break open the sealed package and then immerse the moulded pressed-powder unit in water to watch it fizz away and eventually reveal the hidden mermaid inside (which can be one of a series as listed and illustrated on the packaging). The mermaids also have temperature-dependent colours on their tails which also provides some interest for a while. As one does not know the exact mermaid type that is enclosed until it is revealed, then trying to collect the whole series could be expensive and difficult but acquiring a mermaid that one needs to add to the collection provides further excitement. An interesting concept and good for an amusing few minutes as the mermaid appears.
on 2 February 2014
But well packaged and you get four in one go. Daughter loves these and her dry skin seems to cope with them in the bath ok as they fizz away.

See one answered question