Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 12 January 2016
The GPS module looks and feels great in the hand and I feel confident that the device is water resistant (one of the reasons I chose this device rather than the Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout Board).

I was amazed how fast it picked up the GPS signal, even when I was sat in my living room. My only concerns were when I managed to switch the device to SiRF mode (rather than NMEA) using a higher baud rate of 9600. There were no docs for switching this back to NMEA and it took a lot of googling, however you just need to download the demo software from GlobalSat and change this back! That being said, the documentation for the protocols the device used as well as some initial starting python boiler plate code were readily available on the GlobalSat website.

I've connected this device to a Mac, Windows and Linux OS and GlobalSat have drivers for all of them. I've been working on a Raspberry Pi project and I can confirm this works just fine using the USB as a serial port to read the data from.
on 15 December 2016
Excellent, no problem getting it to work on a Windows 8 PC, and Opencpn, google earth etc.

Using it on a backup unit boat, gets a lock way faster than the OEM version, and gets a good signal from inside, so saved having to drill another hold and mount outside.
on 10 February 2015
straight forward set up, load the disc, plug it in & off you go. im using this for marine maps on a laptop and it works very well. i also connected an extension usb of 5 mts. which hasn't affected the response time or accuracy. all in all, it does what i wanted it to do.
on 27 March 2017
Item was just as described. I was impressed at how straightforward this is to set up. The bubdled CD contains everything needed to get up and running in minutes. This worked perfectly fine on my OS X install and on my Linux install.

Impressed at speed of satellite fix and accuracy of location.
on 4 January 2017
One of the best pieces of kit on my boat. Will not die. I use it with a raspberry pi and it outperforms the (Several hundred pounds) marine grade GPS system. Be aware that it has a magnetic mount, so keep it away from any magnetic compass equipment.
on 24 May 2014
I bought this product to work with Autoroute 2010 which I have installed on my new Asus T100 running Windows 8.1
It works fine, no need to install the drivers from the supply mini CD.
(It also workes fine on a Windows 7 Laptop with Autoroute 2010 and Memory Map)
on 9 July 2016
I purchased this as an upgrade to an older unit, same manufacturer, as my old unit doesn't work with Windows 10.
The description stated comparable with Windows 10 but when I received the box it didn't mention Windows 10, so initially I was a little disappointed however I need not have been concerned as it installed very easily and works a treat on Windows 10 on my Linx tablet.
on 16 August 2016
Worked straight out of the box on Windows10. Using with Open CPN navigation software as well as Seaclear. The USB cable developed a fault giving intermittent connection. Supplier contacted and a free replacement sent from the US to the UK. First class service, thank you Stephen at the MP3 carteam.
on 1 April 2016
Great piece of kit, works out of the box on my Rasp Pi 2, Kismet picked it up straight away. Still working great two months later after being tossed around in kit bags trains, planes and auto-mobiles (actually no planes involved but you get the idea).
review image
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2016
This tiny device acquires satellites almost instantly - very much faster than my Garmin or TomTom satnavs. It is beautifully made and, apart from some initial problems finding the instruction manual on the driver CD, is very easy to install. The CD contains a programme that tests the device, retrieves location coordinates and demonstrates which satellites the receiver is communicating with. Strongly recommended.