on 11 February 2014
I have tried most of the other protein powders that Good Hemp make and found the taste horrible. They mostly have a really strong earthy taste, but this is without a doubt the best one I've tried. It contains oats and rice flour so keeps me from snacking inbetween meals and I can actually drink this just mixed with water. It still doesn't taste delicious, but it's drinkable and I'm pleased with it.
on 28 July 2014
I tried this product having already tried (and liked) the standard hemp protein. This version is slightly different to that in that it contains a couple of extra ingredients to keep you full. Interestingly when you compare the other nutritional information, there is not much difference between this and the normal hemp protein...I was expecting it to have much less calories for example, but it doesn't.
Now onto the taste. Well, let's just say if you like artificially sweet things, this will be right up your street. If you don't, the first few times you drink it will be a struggle. It is sweet beyond anything I've tried before, but bizarrely I found adding a banana to it helped take away some of the artificial flavour and sweetness. It's also very gritty (which I don't mind) but some people may find strange at first.
The scoop that comes with it is too big and wide to tip straight into my smoothie blender, so I have to transfer the powder from the scoop to my blender with a teaspoon. I'd prefer if they provided a smaller scoop as with the original hemp powder.
The good news about this product is that it does seem to keep me full until lunchtime. I mix it with ice cold water, ice cubes and a banana to make a bigger and thicker drink. Overall, this does the job, but based on taste alone, I don't think I will re purchase. If they made some other less sweet options, then maybe!
on 28 April 2014
Great price Amazon, saved my self £7 from buying it direct from manufacturer.

I think the problem with a lot of reviewers is they want it to taste like a McDonalds strawberry milk shake but be natural and get in shape too!

This is a good shake in my opinion, yes it's got a bit of a "gritty" texture too it as it's a natural product with fiber but that's not really a problem for me to be honest, I'm happier for it (or my body/bowl is). If the textures a problem you can buy their other version which is more refined but you don't get as much fiber that way so pointless really.

The taste isn't that bad at all, after getting used to it I actually quite enjoy it but it is something you would have to come accustom to a little. It's not like it's something your taste pallet gets to sample much so just try it for a week and see what you think. It's basically just a nutty earthy taste with a hint of strawberry. I personally throw it in the blender with milk and add in real strawberrys as well as a spoon full of manuka honey to sweeten it up a bit and give me a bit of a boost.

This diet formula has got an added source of oats and rice flour in for that added level of fiber which helps you stop snacking on rubbish between meals. I personally start my day with it and it really does help me feel full and function better in work outs.

The best part of it all really is that it's a fantastic (the best really) source of Omega 3 & 6 as well as GLA, most people don't get enough essential fatty acids in their diet and this is a great way to supplement.
on 28 May 2014
Although the taste takes a bit of getting used to, it's a brilliant product. I have it every day for lunch and it keeps me full until my dinner in the evening. I have lost 9 lbs in 10 days. Would definitely recommend
on 1 August 2014
This item arrived today and I'm in the middle of drinking one now. The colour as soon as you open the box is off putting lol! The taste is okay but is very bitter and I think will take some getting used to, in debating wether or not to repurchase it all depends if I get used to the gritty taste or not.
on 8 October 2014
I would recommend getting a hemp protein powder that is not flavoured and adding it to food and smoothies rather than buying this diet shake. I usually don't mind things that taste earthy but healthy, however this shake is absolutely foul. Please don't waste your money.
on 21 February 2014
The smell and colour of the powder is off putting, however I have found mixing it in fresh fruit juice or adding it to fruit smoothie makes it much more palatable as the strawberry flavour isn't strong. It is the only dairy free diet protein shake I have been able to find, Having one for breakfast at 7am keeps me full till 12.30ish with no desire to snack which I used to always have after a bowl of Weetabix and soya milk for breakfast. It is none bloating and I have lost inches from my waist and hips in the last 4 weeks.
on 7 August 2013
If you are very commited to consuming this then its good, however I really dont like the taste and it cant really be hidden in anything. But a very good source of protein
on 8 July 2014
Taste is important & this shake is good but doesn't taste like strawberry. It also turns green which kinda puts you off it.
on 24 August 2014
found it hard to take. when well mixed with water still tasted grainy, It had a low strawberry taste and stayed a grey colour.