on 19 October 2013
The best feature of this watch is the screen which I find very easy to read when it is on your wrist. The backlight is nice and bright too and the front button for it very easy to find. The other features are easy to find and there are on screen messages to guide you through the functions which isn't something I've seen before. The strap felt quite rubbery but I changed it for a NATO style one. As an every day digital watch I can't fault it.
on 21 June 2013
This is my first Timex, having only ever had Casio digital watches in the past, and I have to say I'm impressed:

- The user interface is great. The watch actually tells you if you need to hold in a button to say, reset the the stop watch. First time I've experienced this in a watch, and I like it. You basically don't need the instruction manual at all.

- Display visibility is particularly good. It's reasonably large and has a green cast to it. When tilted towards a light source it becomes almost florescent, increasing contrast at the very time that most other displays become hard to read. And the backlight, aka "Indiglo", is the best I've seen.

- It's light and fits very comfortably. The default strap has lots of adjustment room so it should fit slim and thick wrists alike. And you can easily swap the default strap for virtually any 20mm replacement of your choosing.

There only thing I'm not so keen on is the actual feel of the buttons; they're kind of mushy when pushed, but this is a very minor negative on an otherwise great and inexpensive little watch.

Note for sports users: there's no multi-lap memory here; if you want that, go for one of the sports-oriented models.
on 24 October 2013
I have owned one of these watches for over a year and have just bought one for my grown up son. I find the functions intuitive, both easy to use and set, and that the display is easy to read even in low light and that the indiglo back light gives background illumination second to none. This is the second watch that I have in this range, the first being the original Ironman indiglo which I bought over sixteen years ago and which is still going strong; I only replaced it because it was looking tired and worn after being all over the world with me in all extremes of conditions. I wear my watches 24/7 and bathe with them on and I would recommended this watch to anyone who needs reasonably priced, reliable and robust watch that keeps excellent time and is easy to use.
on 20 January 2014
This is THE CLEAREST digit watch face of any watch. It has black figures with a green luminescent facia background which gives high contrast and makes the figure much clearer than the ordinary grey facia of most digital watches. The larger figures and higher contract makes it idea for people with declining eyesight. This model also has two very nice features. Firstly, the date is format is switchable to the English format - at last - hooray! The second is that the dial illumination button is at the bottom of the face and faces forward. This is much easier to use than the side-facing button and avoids confusion as to which of the usual four buttons to press. It is also much easier to us with a gloved hand.

The design of this particular model may not be to everyone's taste. It is plastic/resin and a resin strap rather than bracelet. It's style is more geared at the youth market. Whereas, the good readability makes it ideal for an older person who would probably prefer a more sophisticated simple appearance.

I hope Timex will take the hint and now use this dial in several different bodies appropriate to different types of user.

A word of warning. Beware that there is another earlier(?) model that looks similar, is metal and has a metal bracelet - the Timex Unisex 80 Square Face Black Classic Digital Watch T2N244. Despite the picture, which is still shown with a green facia, it is, in fact the ordinary grey low contract facia. I bought one from Amazon earlier in the year and returned it when I found it was not as advertised.
on 5 October 2013
Easy to use, see and work. Solidly made, comfortable to wear and cheap. happy days. I should have bought two
on 12 April 2014
a nice, light and easy to use and see watch; but in less than a weeks normal usage, a scratch in the 'protective mineral glass' has appeared somehow. I know what you might be thinking, but I honestly cannot remember knocking the watch off anything never mind something hard enough to damage strong glass. Just disappointed that this brand would be so easily marked. S.
on 15 September 2013
I nearly bought this watch a year ago from Argos at nearly £30 so I'm glad I waited a bit as it's now £16. A good lightweight watch with a strap that can be changed when the rubber starts to break up like my last expedition watch which still works fine but I can't wear it as the strap is moulded to the watch and is really expensive to replace. Easy to use and a good back light. Has 2 time zones, alarms, stopwatches etc. A good buy I think.
on 7 December 2013
The watch is very good with a nice, clear, easy to read display and at 20 quid is a bargain!
During the 3 weeks I've had it it's lost just 2 seconds.
However, if you are thinking of buying this watch for the alarm function then I should warn you that
the alarm is so quiet that I initially thought there was a fault as I simply couldn't hear it - this
issue also applies to the hourly chimes if enabled.
If you hold it up to your ear its just audible.
But as I never use the alarm function this has not posed a problem for my particular requirements.
on 30 June 2015
Actual background not easy to see, digits are small, when wearer jogs in low light conditions or at night it is difficult to see. Picture shown is misleading. Timex has to do better. White large digits on black background could be the answer. All the existing models have same visual aspect.
I am disapointed. What I cannot tolerate is a company like Timex in today,s most advanced technology, could not design a user friendly watch. Shame on them.
on 14 February 2014
Super comfortable, well made and robust.

It's light enough that I can wear it everyday without noticing it, I've never really liked wearing watches before, but if I go out without this I really miss it now.

Can't fault it.