Customer reviews

Truly Yours-Their First Motown Album
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 May 2015
It took me a while to convince myself to buy this CD as I had a set of mp3s of the first album (which is very good in parts) and so I was taking a chance on the bonus tracks. But this turned out to be a fantastic buy for these alone. It's understandable the doo-wop styled tracks(13 to 15) are included for completists and it was sensible to gather the Cellarful Of Motown releases together even if I had these.....but the inclusion of the wonderful previously unreleased “Nobody Else But You' and 'This Feeling In My Heart' just takes me back to the 1967 feel in the Motown Soul clubs. Awesome Northern Soul and a must for any Motown collector. Finishing with the best ever version of 'Tea House In China' and 'We're Gonna Be More than Friends' is icing on the cake. Compliments to Keith Hughes.
I'm not sure ACE can repeat the quality with their follow up(Spinners 2nd album) which is not that strong but if the unreleased are as good as these it would be worth the investment.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 January 2014
A very good release from 'Ace/Kent' records (72.12mins). As for the quality of music across the 26 tracks this varies from the ok to the fantasic. The first 12 tracks make up the original album which overall for a first album is above average, the first four tracks are very good indeed then the rest are ok. The best tracks are in the 14 bonus tracks with three of them being truly outstanding and why Motown never released them at the time is shocking. The sound quality is excellent across the whole CD. It comes with an informative 20 page count booklet . Overall a a very good release. 7.5/10
on 13 August 2012
At Long last The Spinners are recognised by the Media.I personally think there are 10 Brill tracks on this Cd and the rest are not bad but no doubt you have heard them many times.14 of these tracks are what they call BONUS TRACKS well its certainly a bonus for me. I suggest you pick up this CD while you can .StefC Leek Soul Club
As for the service through Amazon as always first class.
on 10 September 2016
I love the Spinners. This collection brings together all of their early Motown recordings for the first time. A must for any fan
on 17 July 2014
26 on this damn good CD - Danced to plenty of these in my days and still am! "truly yours" a classic in my eyes. what more could a boy ask for (track 22) A great CD for the soulies:)
on 9 April 2015
great
on 30 June 2012
a fantastic cd just buy it, the unreleased tracks are as strong as anything that was released by them looking forward to volume 2??