on 15 July 2013
Not the best, probably on the worse side of average. Woman has a slightly irritating voice. She only does the relaxation commentary for 13 minutes the rest is "soothing" music whilst you're imagining yourself in a calm place with bright colours.

Starts with stretch your toes, then your calves, then your arms, stomach, then move your head from side to side - not a full body relaxation. Birds singing are fine, not sure about the sheep baa-ing!

Would do for someone who's mildly stressed - not sure why it's being sold as an antidote to "stress, anxiety and panic disorder" it goes nowhere near deep enough for someone who has panic disorder or is in a panic state.

(I'm basing this review on having tried about 12 relaxation CDs, this is about 9th on the list if 1st is best).
on 12 July 2014
Good
on 15 November 2012
I am suffering from anxiety and I have found this CD very helpful. I often listen to it in bed and it helps me to sleep. The first half of the Cd has spoken instructions on relaxation and the second half is just music and birdsong. I was a bit worried when I bought it because it is so old but it certainly still works for me.
on 27 June 2013
This was not relaxing to me - I tend to dislike background noises as I have to concentrate on the voice all the time meaning not relaxing. The woman was patronising and fed up with a rather irritating voice. Telling me to tense up do various muscle exercising is not relaxing it is the opposite !
on 10 February 2013
This CD had exactly the opposite effect on me - I felt that I was being bossed to do what was required which is not an aid to relaxation. Also found the noise of birds and sheep detracting from the music.

Instead of throwing it out of the window I gave it to my GP for the Health Centre Box....someone else might find it useful.

Give me Rachael Eccles Hypnotherapy or Jon Kabat-Zinn meditation any time as far more effective.

PS I no longer live in France
on 16 July 2013
This cd has worked for me. Excellent, I shall be recommending it to my family and friends. Value for money.
on 16 July 2013
not amazing but I like the "take me away to an amzing place! relaxations and im fussy about the voice so it all very subjective, someone else might love this one
on 8 September 2012
Within seconds of turning the CD on I was starting to relax, within minutes I felt so calm and lovely. This is a very good CD for helping relax you, calm you down, and ultimately drop off to sleep! Thoroughly recommend it, and it is so much better than other relaxation CDs I've tried.
on 12 April 2014
Useless too much of a jumble in background.unable to relax as background became the main sound.relax and enjoy it was far superior.
on 10 March 2016
Not at all helpful CD. Could not hear Tania Tulloch speaking clearly because the background music was so loud. She just mumbled through it. She did not speak much when she did, nor talk you through a very good relaxation process. I had to have the sound up high which did not make it very relaxing. The music was very repetitive and began to get on my nerves, which was not the object of me listening to it. Switched it off in the end and went back to my old relaxation CD I already had. Would not recommend this one unless you wanted to listen to boring music.