on 21 July 2013
I am amazed at the amount this wee machine can lift from carpets. Great feature is that using the beater bar is optional so great for hard floors. Beater switches off when handle is upright so that if using the tools there is no problem with beater damaging floor. It is extremely manoeuvrable and very lightweight much better than a Dyson Ball cleaner. Very easy to empty. My only complaint is that the cable is much shorter than my previous Panasonic cleaner. I had that one for 7 or 8 years and hope this one lasts as long.

Update - I have now been using this for 7 months. Every time it is used the filters need cleaned (although the recommended time between cleans is one month). Have just had a new beater bar fitted since the old one broke. The tools are useless. After my initial enthusiasm I am now very disappointed. It certainly lifts the debris from the carpets but I cannot vacuum the whole house without emptying it at least once and sometimes twice. Most inconvenient.
11 Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 November 2012
Light weight vacuum easy to use steers like a ball vacuum easy to carry up and down stairs got this vacuum for my disabled daughter, emptying the vacuum seems fiddly at first but easy once done a few times dust container is a little on small size but this a small light duty type cleaner and it works very well.
on 8 March 2014
I read reviews of this hoover and somehow they seemed far fetched for the size and performance listed, however on using it
the wee hoover is an excellent product, someone in a review said that they had problems taking the small dust collector off the main unit, that's rubbish, its so easy "its unbelievable", its a 2 second job, and emptying is a doddle.
the hepa filter is so easy to clean.
I had a wee problem, after using the hoover for a short while, the brush head came to a sudden stop, taking the brush=unit to bits. undo 3 turn-screwdriver slots, another plus, a small screw at one end of the brush nearest to the runner edge was gone and the casing cracked from the screw hole right around to the small edge brush, however Panasonic UK, were brilliant and sending a new one which is just so easy to fit. Another thing that's great is the size its easy to hook up or store upright and not a chunky beast.
on 30 January 2013
Lack of attachments make it difficult to clean stairs. Have you any suggestions for getting around this problem? Please help.
on 23 June 2015
This is the second Panasonic model me and my boyfriend have purchased in a year. First we had the model before, which within 3 months started smoking (within 3 minutes of use on a hard floor) and when telling Panasonic this they cared nothing for the health and safety issue this could have been for me (I work in technical support, had a customer said they had black smoke coming from a product of ours we would want it in to be seen at least!) and although I had only had it three months, I would have to send it to them at my own cost for repair. Luckily the seller refunded. After much deliveration, we decided "Things happen, maybe the new model will be better" Well it was, it lasted an extra 2 months before giving up the ghost.

They are fantastic hoovers, until they aren't, which it seems doesn't take long. We have a one bed flat, it gets used once, maybe twice a week and is not abused or mistreated in anyway, for two of these different model but same brand hoovers to break so fantastically within the space of a year is beyond ridiculous, avoid like the plague and go for something that can withstand at least a year. Or go with a company that can at least provide some customer service.
on 10 October 2013
This cleaner is beautifly made and very light and easy to use. Its downfall is its small dust container which needs emptying after every normal use. The problem then, is its not easy to clean, the way I do it is with an air compressor but how many users would have one of those.
I have used Panasonic vacumns for years, the cheap and cheerful ones work well and last for years, but are on the heavy side, but that is what I will be going back to.
on 26 January 2014
For Japanese, Panasonic had been always the top brand, but obviously no longer....
At first, I thought it was OK and quiet, but afterward, I realised that it did not pick up lot of dust or my hair. From second occasion, this machine became less quiet and left lots of fluffs and the hair, and every time I vacuum, I have to go round hands and knees to pick up the dust. In Japan, Panasonic sells the vacuum cleaner which has got a sensor to detect the dust, so why this machine is so bad???

And when the crevice part hits the corner, it retrieves automatically, and I have to pull it out again and again. I complained about these matter to Panasonic but the answer was to take this to the "official" repair centre - "oh no, you cannot take anywhere, we are "Panasonic"!!"
Cleaning this vacuum cleaner is another nightmare. Our house is small, but I have to clean both the bin and the filter every second use, and when I do this, dust is everywhere. I never thought cleaning vacuum cleaner require more effort than using it.

My sister in Japan told me Panasonic is not that popular for the house hold electrical goods. I should have asked her earlier.....
on 9 January 2013
Love it only draw back dust container doesn't hold very much,love the way it easily goes from carpet to wooden floors
on 23 October 2013
I bought this for my mother who is in her eighties and finds alternative models too heavy. The first one had to be returned because the roller broke (although I must say the replacement process was very easy and straightforward). Since having the replacement my mother calls upon me very frequently to 'fix' it. The filters have to be washed every couple of weeks or else the machine doesn't work. It does pick up very well, including dog hairs, but is quite high maintenance.
on 23 September 2013
Bought for my 89 year old mother-in-law who still likes to do her own housework. Previous hoover was too heavy and she is pleased at how light and easy this one is to handle.