on 21 September 2015
I bought this as though I used to use eBay as a retailer it's been a few years since I've sold there and it never hurts to brush up on skills and new ideas/ways of doing things.

This is a quick and easy read with lots of good advice and tips for sellers. It's particularly good for new sellers who want to try eBay out as a selling venue.

I would like to have given this book 3.5 stars as it is a good read but it does itself down in contradicting itself with things such as listing in auction format is great for getting the right price if you list at the price you will accept and then later in the book saying how the writer only ever uses buy it now to stop products being undervalued through auction listing and then suggests Best Offer as the best way to do this, which is just another method not necessarily the right one. Other tips turn out to later be somehow not as good an idea as previously mentioned as well, it's a bit like reading a business forum thread. It would have been good to see something like the pros and cons of a particular method or feature all in one section rather than it being scattered across the book as it then loses it's meaning and value. It also needs updating eBay Pulse no longer exists, even I knew that, it's been gone for a long time. It's a pity because with a good proofreader this could have been a fantastic little book and a 4.5/5 stars from me.

If you are considering this book I would recommend it as a general advice rather than a handbook, any business venture needs good research so it's good as part of that but don't get caught out with the contradictions and older information. Ultimately you will find your own path with trying things out using tips like these to see what works for you.
on 5 January 2013
Short book but useful information that could make you rethink some of your listings. I have been selling for 11 years on Ebay, but have learnt a couple of things from the book, as I wasn't keeping abreast of how things have changed over the years, and how customers buying patterns have changed.
VINE VOICEon 26 January 2013
I found this book helpful, plenty of useful tips explained clearly and succinctly.

The author assumes you'll have an Ebay shop, so quite a few of the tips (e.g. auto relist) aren't available to casual sellers.
on 15 July 2012
How useful this book is will depend on how familiar you are with selling on ebay. Certainly there are some good tips and some of the information could make a real difference to the viability of an ebay business, such as the micro accounts on paypal. Much of the book I would regard as good business sense. For example packaging to fall just below the post office price band, checking accounts to ensure that charges haven`t crept in, buying goods at a cheap time such as just after Christmas and running listings over weekends so that more people are likely to view them. This was free on kindle which is ok because I wouldn`t have wnted to pay for it.
on 6 August 2012
I am still learning about Ebay and deciding if I can find niche.

I have read both of Roberts Book and find them informative on selling real products.

Most gurus I have come across just want to talk about selling other E books on how to make money on Ebay or on line

Robert also publishes a newsletter which is informative and he does not try to sell you anything.

I would strongly recommend both of Roberts Books
on 30 June 2012
I want to become the best possible ebay trader I can be, so I make it a personal goal to read every ebay book I can get hold of with the intention if I learn or pick up one thing just one it would be worth the read. I learnt from this book the payapl micro accounts which will cut my paypal fees drastically.

I learnt the good till cancelled policy using ebay shops which I always wondered why is it worth having when you only sell 1 or 2 items. It gave me an idea its still worth it because your previous sales of that particular item show and remain on your listing page which means when someone comes and views your listing page with the previous sales still on there after the 30 days it makes it a more easier sale.

Plus the fact I was lucky to get this as a free read on my kindle, in my book its definately worth the 5 stars something I would perhaps even pay for.

on 13 August 2012
Although I have had a shop on eBay for a while and am a new PowerSeller (before I read the book) there were parts of this book that I found very useful such as the PayPal merchant account for reduced fees. However like another reviewer said the rest of it is mainly good business sense. This is a very easy to read book written in plain English, suitable for anybody wanting to make a bit of money on eBay, but it isn't a quick fix - selling successfully on eBay will take time and perseverance but the advice in this book will point you in the right direction. I found it a good quick read to freshen up my approach to selling on eBay.
on 16 November 2014
Many years ago I was selling my own products through mail order, before the internet even existed, and therefore have a reasonably good idea of the running of such an impersonal business. However, as completely new to trading on-line, I found this book packed with information that would have taken considerable time to acquire. Admittedly a lot of the content is common sense but, for someone just starting out, it helps avoid pitfalls and maximizes profit margins from the outset. Were I to have started an on-line business before reading this book, I would have found myself having to learn from experience and modify the admin. of such a business on the hoof instead of concentrating on sales, which is the primary reason for on-line trading in the first place.

I found at least 25 extremely valuable points in this book, particularly helpful for those new to trading; had I found only one useful point, I would certainly still have considered it exceptional value for the £0.60 I paid for the KIndle edition.

I.M.O., a well written and easily understood book that I would recommend to anyone starting out in this business.
on 26 April 2015
Good for inspiring a beginner like me with minimal IT skills. Covers time and money saving tools as well as how to find and actually use them, which is what a technically challenged person like myself needs! Think I will give it a go and perhaps try authors other book.
on 26 May 2015
Perfect introduction to making a successful business by eBay selling. Good tricks of the trade. And, more importantly, from a guy who has done it. Buy this if you're even just thinking about being your own eBay boss.