• Sing

Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 25 August 2017
Very Pleasant Cd, To listen to, even now.
on 17 April 2017
great
on 13 February 2017
My Wife is a huge Gary Barlow fan, so it's a yes from me!
on 19 July 2012
Yes, I bought it on a wim.
I have enjoyed every bit.
The tunes are up-lifting and singable.
The songs are bright and the singing is delightful.
on 30 July 2012
Having watched the Documentary on television, regarding the making of "Sing", and attended the Diamond Jubilee Concert, I was really pleased to buy two copies of this CD, (one for my friend who also went to The Concert).

It IS a great CD, bringing back many memories of Grammar School Assembly songs, along with the lovely Jubilee Song, "Sing", and a couple others.

"Here Comes the Sun" sadly keeps reminding me of the M & S advert to which he had already used it to cover, and it seemed less relevant to the occasion.

"Amazing Grace" is one of my all time favourite "songs", and I was apprehensive that this version may not do it justice, but the Singer managed to still give the feeling of "goose-pimples" and the emotions to go with it, and a lovely voice.

The only possible "negative" comments that I could add to this would be that it wasn't really linked to the Jubilee Event(s) as I had initially expected, and being such a short CD, I think it would have been much better to include the DVD/CD disc of the "creating Sing" Documentary with it, (and adding a couple of pounds, perhaps), since this is being sold separately, but I would not buy it on it's own.

Overall, a great keepsake of the Jubilee, plus some great classics (with a twist) on it.
on 19 June 2012
OK, it's easy to get on the bandwagon of euphoria in being a royalist and I am sometimes a little sceptical about this kind of release, but this is just a great EP.

I like everything here - and there is something here for all those who like middle of the road music (nothing wrong with that!). The title track is an absolute joy and both versions are exceptional - the idea of using so many artists for one of them is a very clever idea and completely appropriate for the occasion.

I hadn't heard much of Laura Wright, but I love her voice, as I do Alfie Boe. Haylay Westenra sings beautifully, too. Strangely, the surprise package for me is the very cool arrangement of the National Anthem, with a rather wonderful African beat! As for Gary, he does an excellent version of George Harrison's "Here Comes The Sun".

One very minor thing - I would have split the two versions of "Sing", putting one (perhaps Gary's) as the last track, but that's because I really do like the song.

One of the other reviewers was a little unhappy with the packaging - I think it's fine and the little booklet is nice and informative.

So, a great buy - and a worthwhile cause.
on 30 May 2012
Sing EP - is amazing!!! I would recommend this to everyone - old and young. It lifts everyone's spirits and is a joy to listen to. This is a piece of history to hand down to generations to come. How often will there be a Diamond Jubilee in our lifttime? ONE - Just One. The Military Wives Choir who perform on this EP are fantastic and should be recognised for their efforts. Well Done Girls - fabulous song - very well sung.
on 5 June 2012
The song written by Gary Barlow and Andrew Lloyd Webber is truely inspirational. I love the fact that so many people were involved and every time I hear it I feel proud to be British. Well done to all!
on 7 June 2012
A truly inspirational song, with so many wonderful people and cultures incorporated in it. Makes me feel very proud to listen to this - not one of us alive today is ever likely to be involved in such an occasion again. A fantastic uplifting tribute, LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!
on 30 May 2012
The voices on this song are amazing,so clear and uplifting. It's just what we need to help celebrate the Jubilee, to not feel this, you must have no soul!