HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 November 2012
Set in the Congo region this is a fast paced adventure thriller. When a couple are shot down by rebels they find they have to make their way out of the surrounding jungle, thus also eventually meeting up with a group who want to enter the area in the search for a plant believed to have certain medical properties. But why do the natives call this area the Blood Forest?

With rebel soldiers and even some of the natives against them, what is the madness that is contained in the forest, and why does it bring out visions, paranoia and extreme aggression? It seems as if the forest has come alive. As we follow this group of people things are made clearer as the battle between evil madness and just doing the right thing comes to the fore. With more than a nod to Conrad's 'Heart of Darkness' this is an enthralling tale that will keep you wanting to carry on reading. With believable characters and non-stop action this is a great romp to settle down with.
on 5 March 2013
I found this book too confusing too read, it jumps between the two parties in the early chapters and to me that ruined the book. I stopped reading and removed it from my device after 4 chapters.

It may interest other people though
on 21 May 2014
Kept me reading hardly wanted to put it down. The characters were interesting and the story kept me in the jungle with them.
on 7 June 2013
A brilliant read!!! I was gripped from the first page and some great twists . I will be looking for more from this writer.
on 13 December 2015
excellent item, as described.
on 4 August 2015
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse