on 2 May 2017
Good book. Explained in simple terms but did repeat a little too often.
on 31 May 2017
Love it! I can see the difference, even after 3 weeks. I'm fitter, more toned and I'm loosing weight. YES!
on 30 August 2017
Really enjoyed the updated version of the book. Thoroughly recommend to those looking to try HIIT or who are actively taking part but need new ideas.
on 15 August 2017
Good book
on 14 May 2012
I got this book as I figured that as i needed to maybe lose a pound or two, it would help. Well it does. Its laid out in a way that makes it simple to follow and easy to find the information you need at the time.

I reckon that if i continue to use this system then I should soon be back to my usual bronze god looks ;-)

Highly recommended to anyone who needs some guidance and great tips on getting a good workout.

Nicely done.
on 10 February 2013
An easy read and true to the point, used this method a lot, and yes it works, give it a go and notice the difference
on 15 December 2015
I got this book to brush up on my HIIT knowledge, as I'd had great results with it in the past but haven't really done much of it recently. It all started coming back to me pretty quickly, and even taught me some new stuff. It's a very enjoyable read, which is unusual for a book on exercise. I find most are either very dry and purely scientific, or are too opinion-based, often relating to the author's personal experiences. James Driver manages to strike a good balance, backing up everything he states with plenty of evidence, but conveying the information in a motivational tone that makes you want to put it into practice. His passion for the subject comes through loud and clear.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase. It reminded me why HIIT is the best method for burning blubber, and gave me some new ideas to try out. Another thing I like about it is the author doesn't try to force a "best" way down your throat. In other words, he acknowledges that not everyone enjoys the same exercise modes, and so basically allows the reader to decide what routine is "best" for themselves, according to his or her own preferences. As long as the principles are employed, do the activities you like best and enjoy the results.
on 5 August 2014
I really liked this book. It looks at all sides of the argument especially hitt versus continual training, and although it inevitably comes down on the side of hitt it doesn't discount the other forms of training. I am going to try and use some of these techniques to build up for the coming hockey season. As a mid-40s pretty fit but overweight person, I could do with some of this magic.
on 12 November 2014
Extremely engaging throughout. If a book can be judged on whether or not it will change your habits and can actually improve your life, then this book is right up there.
on 17 July 2017
I bought this because I wanted to find out about the science behind HIIT and just generally get a better understanding of how to perform the workouts etc. I have been dabbling in HIIT workouts for a few months but after reading this book I realised that still have tons to learn.
Great guide to all aspects of HIIT. Well written, addresses various needs such as weight loss, maintenance and workouts for seasoned athletes. Good and inspiring section on nutrition. A very thorough book. Can highly recommend. I feel very motivated and also realise that HIIT is not an easy option and not a quick fix. The author is clear that you have to work at 100% (or close) of your max heart rate during the intense section of the workout. And that is tough - but then you get a rest break :).
I love the no-nonsense approach of the author and the fact that he often speaks from personal experience. It makes the whole thing real.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse