on 2 January 2013
Haven't had them long but so far they are brilliant. The speakers deliver a really good sound quality and they are well built. The separate volume controller is really usefully as it has an input an output on the controller saving you running lots of cables round to the back of the subwoofer. But I do find it a bit annoying that you can only change the volume of the subwoofer by reaching round the back of the subwoofer and sliding the volume control. Overall a really good product and well worth getting.
on 7 June 2013
These speakers literally ooze quality right from the box, for the people saying that the bass is lacking, it's everything but. My room literally vibrates the whole way through. I was having second thoughts about buying this because of the edifier M series multimedia speakers, I have absolutely 0 regrets for this. One super happy customer here. Also +rep for the distributor, I ordered these speakers Wednesday, they came today Friday. :3 :D
on 25 January 2013
These look and feel like quality speakers. the separate volume control is very handy and looks great, shame it doesn't have the bass control on it as well.
Sound is very crisp and clear at the high end, but profoundly lacking in bass. I had the sub turned up to max at maximum volume but it was barely a whisper, even though it claims to be 36W RMS. If you look carefully at the tech specs, you will see that there is a 60Hz gap which the speakers supposedly do not cover - the sub goes up to 130Hz but the satellites produce only 190Hz and higher, and I certainly noticed the absence.
Overall, these speakers could be a great buy or a terrible one depending on the user, hence the 3-star rating.They would be great for speech, classical music, TV... but not so good if you like your bass.
on 19 January 2013
They look very good and the volume control and on/off button have a very nice and not over the top glow to them. They feel pretty robust and high quality. The volume control has excellent resistance in motion and gives a very good impression. The sound quality is pretty good even if I would probably aim a little higher price-wise for better sound quality. It's hard to put it in words but I just don't get the presence and nice upper mids that you can get from more expensive units. I can't compare them with other units in the same price-range however, as my experience with 2.1 systems is very limited. The person I bought this system for isn't as much of an audiophile as I am and she absolutely loves it. I do still enjoy playing music from them however, games and movies even more so. Don't get me wrong, they sound fantastic for those who don't need absolutely top-notch quality and for 30 quid you can't go wrong!
on 19 January 2013
These speakers give a very crisp and clear sound and look and feel like they are much more expensive than they are. The sub does not produce as much bass as i was expecting, but i'm putting that down to the fact that it's absorbed/cushioned by the carpet it's sat on (by the way, the balance is fine for the music I listen to). The volume controller is a great feature and again, feels very high quality with the added bonus of having additional input and headphone ports on it meaning all other wires can be hidden away. The only point worth mentioning is that the power button for the speakers is on the sub, so it has to remain reasonably accessible. Although I don't see the bass volume controller being at the bootom rear of the sub as much of as issue because I haven't had to adjust it since the intial setup. A great purchase for the price!
on 14 February 2014
Took a while to set up due to the horrendous amount of wires I have in my room. But the sound quality coming from this beast is incredible. I hear sounds I never heard before on some songs, proper bass, can go very loud without losing too much audio quality and finally they look very slick.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good set of speakers. They do the job you want with no problems and the volume control wheel is very useful to turn volume up and down.
on 28 January 2014
Reading through the reviews, some people claim that the bass is not enough. In my opinion, this is certainly not the case (for a person living in a university's dorm that is). The aesthetics of the speakers is great. Apart from unpacking the speakers, to set the speakers up took less than one minute. The sound may not be crisp, but the bass is the strong point of this speakers. I would highly recommend these speakers to anyone.
on 8 February 2013
I bought these speakers for my new PC but seen as it wasn't ready yet I thought I'd plug them into my Xbox and the sound quality is brilliant!

Great for the £34 I payed for them! Would highly recommend them and might have even bought a second for my Xbox but for now they will be partnering with my new PC build.

Shame they are often out of stock though :(
on 2 June 2013
Read up on these carefully. Seems that different colours sell for different prices. The White ones were £79, but these were only £39 and at this price they are a steal. Pushing out 50 watts and sounding both meaty and clear, they work very well as a oomphy set of PC speakers. They kick out more noise than my Denon hi-fi. Highly recommended.
on 3 September 2013
I was a little wary when I ordered the Edifier Prisma 2.1 system after reading some buyers comments but as soon as I unpacked it I was impressed with the appearance. The sound which, after all, is what speakers are all about was excellent for the size, decent bass, good mid range and high end. I am very satisfied and enjoying my music.