Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

2,226
Size: 32GB|Change

on 3 November 2011
I'm using this on a netbook as my backup drive and I have to say how pleased I am with it. It is sturdy, fits very snugly, though is easy enough to remove and the size is such that I can simply leave it in place and forget about it - it is even smaller than the nano receiver for my Logitech mouse. At 16GB it has sufficient capacity to comfortably backup all of my work - anything else on the computer consists of software, media and resources that, like most people, I have backed up elsewhere. It is also large enough to help transfer files between computers (though I prefer shared folders over a home network).

It does come with some software for encrypted data storage but I find it a little clumsy to use and prefer an On The Fly Encryption solution (either FreeOTFE or TrueCrypt) or for archiving, Winzip Pro. However, it is better than nothing and if you are using portable devices for work or even personal use, then these days encryption is essential - if your storage device or computer is stolen, you don't want anyone getting licences, passwords, banking, addresses, usernames, telephone numbers, accounting, etc, etc. It's amazing how much of your life and property can be extracted from you files! It is good to see these devices being sold with the means for safe keeping this information and although I don't use this one, it is easy to use for someone unfamiliar with encryption.

At this price, it is excellent value and has my recommendation.
on 22 October 2011
I spent a bit of time researching looking for a suitable product and couldn't find a definitive answer, so I am hoping this review will help anyone else in a similar situation.

I bought this memory stick/flash drive specifically for use in my car. On the E90 3 series with the USB audio, there is a USB slot under the central armrest into which you can plug your flash drive or the offical ipod adapter. The only problem with the location of the socket is that it doesn't leave much headroom when you shut the armrest, therefore a normal sized flash drive would be snapped off. So to use a normal flash drive you'd need to have an extension cable, which would do the job but would leave the flash drive flapping around in the storage compartment, probably rattling & getting in the way of whatever else you've got in there. This tiny flash drive fits snugly in the socket, it won't catch on anything else & so won't get snapped off.

Positive Points:
Comes formatted in FAT32 which is recognised straight away by BMW audio and so you just drag & drop your files and you are off, with your albums appearing straight away on the car's audio screen or idrive if you have it.
Size & design makes for a flush fit which can be forgotten about once installed. It really is remarkably small!

Negative Points:
Very small (obviously) so very easy to lose (it does have a small clip for attaching a cord) so if you want a drive to carry around and swap from one PC to another on a regular basis, then just go for a standard sized drive.
Fits very securely into a USB slot, which is great when you want to leave it in place (in a PC or a car) but the small size doesn't give much purchase when trying to remove it from the slot, so be prepared for sore fingers - at least on the first few uses!

Conclusion: If you are looking for a fit & forget storage solution for your car audio or laptop then I would not hesitate to recommend this. It definitely works with BMW and will probably work just as well with other systems that have a USB facility, just check the manual first!
77 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 March 2012
I picked up two of these little USB sticks, one 16gb and one 8gb, for use in a touchscreen media portal for the kitchen (the O2 Joggler, since you asked). I wanted something that was small and discrete, and did not stick out of the side of the unit like a sore thumb. These certainly did not disappoint on that front...

Once I received and opened the packaging, my initial suspicions were confirmed: these USB sticks are actually just MicroSDHC cards with a USB interface - that's why they're so small. The sticks I received contained Class 4 SDHC cards. They do their job just fine: they're really tiny, capacious and really unobtrusive. They're also quite easy to plug in and remove from USB ports. Being so small, I was a little worried about not being able to unplug them without a pair of pliers... Thankfully, the pliers can stay in the toolbox.

The read speeds on these sticks are more than adequate - I managed to play 1080p video from both models with no problems at all. However the write speeds were a little disappointing... My three-year old 8gb Emtec USB stick can manage write speeds of up to 13.5mb/s, whereas these can achieve around 6mb/s at best. If Class 6 or even Class 10 uSDHC cards had been used, I suspect that the write speed would be far better.

A great price, and great service from both Amazon and the seller, but they're probably not best suited to applications which require writing a great deal of data to the stick.
on 30 October 2012
I bought this Cruzer fit to use as a music storage device for my car stereo.
It does the job admirably.
Other reviewers comments about slow transfer speed are pertinent, but once the data is on there, accessing it is fine.
Who would have thought that you could get 32Gb of storage, packed into something smaller than a penny, for less than £16? Remarkable.
on 21 October 2012
I have recently converted my favourite 250 CDs to high quality setting MP3 files using the ripper in Windows Media Centre. As luck would have it, the total file size for my 4,000 plus tracks came to just under 32GB and so this looked like the perfect media to carry my collection, and so it has proved to be. Perfect for plugging in to my MOMO computer tablet.

It may not be the fastest solution in terms of input speed, but it delivers the payload perfectly into any media player. Superb product.

There is still room for perfection though. I would love to see Sandisk make a version of this with a Micro B USB male termination so that you could plug it straight into the commonly used micro B sockets on modern tablets and similar devices without the need for a conversion lead or adaptor plug. Now that really would be a small form factor.

Dave.
review image
on 11 January 2012
This USB stick is fantastic, its large capacity and diminutive size as well as being nice and responsive met my requirements.
I attached it to my keys with a small keyring (it would have been nice if SanDisk had included something to attach it to keys with as there is a small attach point on it, but hey, cutbacks!) and hardly notice it is there, until I need it. The lid is a nice tight fit and stays on well in my pocket.
Buy one!
***EDIT: Since writing this it broke off my keyring which was disappointing (luckily I found it!) but as it's so small I now keep in in the coin area of my wallet!
on 17 April 2014
Initially this worked very well however after 5 months I can no longer delete or amend the content on this drive as it shows that it is 'Write protected' No amount of research on Web gives solution except Sanddisk appear to be aware of this problem, there is No Fix. It is not Amazon's fault. I will not waste my time/money to send it back to Sanddisk. It has shaken my confidence in Sandisk products.
on 2 February 2012
As another review has noted, this is ideal for car use. It was a pain remembering to bring my iPod everytime I went in the car but with this, I can take 16Gb of music, plug it in the USB socket on my car's radio and forget about it. It's so small you can't see it sticking out unless you're looking for it. You would have much the same situation for a laptop. Basically, if you intend leaving the device attached most of the time, this is a great choice and a steal at the price I paid. It's only down side is that as it's small, it can be hard to grip when you remove it and it could do with a slightly more flared plastic top to grab hold of.

As someone who remembers paying £550 for a 40Mb (yes, Mb) hard drive back in the day, having a 16Gb device so small you could swallow it (should the urge take you!) for £14 is just mind blowing.
on 23 August 2012
This drive is perfect except for one critical flaw. The metal ring used to attach it to your keyring is thin, soft metal. It fails very quickly. I carry my keys in a front pocket by themselves, two keys and this drive. After three months of very light use, the ring broke. There is no other way to attach this thing, it's no longer useful to me.

I've added a photo of the failed part to the product description above.

If you plan to leave it in place (like in a car stereo) it's fine, I can recommend it. It can't be carried around with your keys though. If that is what you need it for buy something else.
review image
on 23 July 2012
I used to go with name brands but a few years ago a friend of mine in the trade said that most memory is Sandisk but just re-badged. I don't know how true it is but I have always gone for Sandisk since then for removable USB sticks etc and If its really important Corsair which I also use in my machine. This is a great little drive. Its a bit tricky for my big hands but once it's in it stays in. Its also nice that it comes with a little cover which is great. I would worry more about misplacing it or losing it than the quality of the device. It has a small aperture for a keyring or lanyard to be fitted. For 32GB at this price you cannot go wrong.