Customer reviews

on 24 January 2013
As i have already mentioned in reviews of the previous books, i think this fantasy saga is well put together without being too heavy or obviously pinched from other tales. it is difficult to come up with something truly original these days but David A Wells has done a pretty good job of it.
on 8 September 2016
nearly a 5 star rating hugely enjoyable series
on 26 March 2015
Good
on 22 April 2017
I foubd the first book of the series enjoyable but slightly wanting in character depth and plot, however the subsequent books have been fantastic. Really enjoy some of the characters now and the plot keeps a great momentum and keeps you turning pages until you realise you should have gone to bed an hour before.
on 28 June 2012
This is the best one yet! I couldn't put it down. It is much more emotional in this story with the problems that Alexander and his wife Isabel face. I am so......... looking forward to the next book and cant't wait for it's release whenever it may be.
on 10 July 2012
This book continues a great series that doesn't disappoint and I can't wait for the next book to come out - hopefully sooner rather than later please

My all time favourite book series is LOTR but this is certainly a very close second and has everything you want - heros, villians, magic, dragons, demons and bloodshed.

So if you like LOTR you'll throughly enjoy this book series as well.
on 20 November 2012
Absolutely loved this series of books. Wonderful characters, the magic was brilliant and not too much unnecessary narative. I am so gutted that there is no number 5 available yet. When is it due out??? Soon I hope.
on 2 June 2013
One thing about this book is that the writing is getting better but I struggled with this one, I get that what the writer is trying to do, make it seem that our Hero has no chance & the odds are severly stacked against him but there does come a point that as a reader you begin to stop caring! Too much of this book is "woe is me.." with not a lot happening, you sort of get the impression that being the Soveriegn of the Seven Isles doesn't really count for much as Alexander moves from one bit of bad luck to the next.
As well as the Shades,Phane & Zuhl we are introduced to Wraithkin, & would you believe it they are nearly impossible to kill,does make you wonder why Phane just doesn't send them all out to kill everyone ?
As has been witnessed in most of the series of this Genre there is usually a "padding" book & hopefully this is it for this series, I will of course buy the next one but it will need to be better than this to keep my interest.
on 4 November 2012
I found all the books in the thinblade series very interesting and obsessive reading,once I start to read the book I don't want to put it down at all, and I look forward to reading more of these books when they become available
on 8 November 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this series of books, but sadly I now have to wait for the next one to be written! The story was interesting and the author kept everything together by keeping one up to date with all that is happening.