on 16 February 2008
In holland there's a radio program" 2-meter de lucht in":, that invites musicians in their studio to perform live , and acoustic
Yes, later it became popular through MTV's unplugged, but trust me this radio show was before that.
Anyway , when the Earring was invited they were not sure about it.
Cause they are a "hard"rocking band.
But they did it and liked it, much to their surprise.
So this record is a live and unplugged( naked) concert.
recorded in an Amsterdam cafe for a small crowd .
It is a wonderfull experience, to hear the songs this bare-and stripped down.
It shows the craftsmanship of the melodys George Kooijmans have written over the years, and you hear the fun they have.
There is also a DVD available from the gig.
and this CD is the third ? reissue with extra tracks.
Like: please go ( their first single, from the 60's!) and my favorite: murdock 9 6182, nowadays they play electric shows and unplugged ones like this CD.
For me a perfect way to grow up (and old) gracefully in rock and roll.
on 1 July 2012
I purchased The Complete Naked Truth in addition to Fully Naked because I couldn't decide if Fully Naked would be worth the extra money, but it was. Not only do you get a DVD of one of the nights guys played, you get a few extra songs in acoustic form. But you can also purchase this version and get the three audio CD track. I didn't realize until recently that the DVD comes with a recent rerelease (if I'm not mistaken). Still great, though. :-) I always enjoy hearing the differences between acoustic and electric versions. If you are an American fan (or any other fan that isn't that familiar with Golden Earring) and only know of "Twilight Zone" and/or "Radar Love," I would strongly suggest looking up songs on Youtube to hear the great sound of Golden Earring. If you're like me, you really get hooked on the songs from hearing them live. Golden Earring is such a great live band that the acoustic shows really rates as energetic as an electric show. Go ahead: Dive in and listen. Let your ears take you to great places.
on 31 August 2008
my fellow reviewer has said it all. A rock band unplugged can be awful ( take Kiss ) for example. The Earrring are far superior and much over looked. I know this group well and it pleases me to hear their music in a new way...marvelous