on 23 November 2012
I had tried one of the 'less expensive' version of an Android tablet, available from Amazon, and was rather disappointed with it. After off-loading it on Ebay I decided to go for the Samsung. I had tried it briefly before and thought it would be good.
Ha; it is terrific. Very fast, highly responsive screen, loads and loads of Apps, excellent sound.
I really can't fault it. I wouldn't buy any of the Apple devices as a matter of principle and this is no cheap alternative.
This is a high spec bit of kit.
It is clearly a threat to the other tablets when Amazon won't allow you to load their app onto the Galaxy. (You just have to go through the browser.) I detest the pettiness of decisions like this as I can load the app onto my samsung Galaxy smartphoe which runs the same operating system!
Anyway, don't be shy about buying on of these, you will not be disappointed.
on 20 January 2013
...I had trouble deciding between this and the Toshiba AT300 after finding a deal on the Wifi-only Toshiba, with quad-core processor & better connectivity (micro USB & HDMI) for almost £100 cheaper than the dual-core, 3G Tab 2.
It seemed like no competition at all until I started reading through comparative reviews - despite the lower-spec processor, the Samsung mostly came out on top with better overall performance scores than the Toshiba and although they've both got the same resolution screen, the Samsung's was considered brighter with better colour reproduction. In the end, it was the fact that nobody's managed to unlock the bootloader (and therefore gain root-access) on the Toshiba yet that convinced me to go against my initial idea of which was the better deal and buy the Samsung.

I'm glad I did - the tablet feels very solid (I've read that the Toshiba's case can easily bend under pressure) and it performs just as solidly. Since getting it for Christmas, I've been able to apply Samsung's official Jellybean 4.1.1 update and will probably soon end up putting a 4.2 custom rom on it as it's been very easy to root and Cyanogenmod roms offer significant performance improvements & better battery life than Samsung firmware.

The screen is bright, clear & really responsive to touch. Although resolution isn't a patch on the screen on the Nexus 10, the lack of an SD card slot for expansion on the Nexus was a dealbreaker for me and I'm happy with how HD video looks on the Tab's lower resolution screen. The dual-core processor performs well and I've experienced no lag, even when playing NFS Most Wanted and GTA3 with the tablet set on power-saving mode. I've had no trouble streaming HD video either (this is something some reviewers said they'd experienced stuttering with).

One disappointment, however, was finding out the IR blaster (allowing use as a universal remote control) I'd been reading about & expecting is only included on the US version. Overall, though, I'm satisfied with the Tab2 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good value tablet with reliable (if not top-spec') performance.
on 18 March 2017
Tablet works a treat but there is alsways the Samsung problem that despite promises when I bought it they wont upgrade the software beyond Android 4. Its built in obsolescence of the worst kind. They did repair it free when it went wrong though but it came back minus all my files reset to as new.
on 8 April 2017
Very slow processor
on 29 December 2012
I bought this for my fiance for Christmas and he absolutely loves it!! I am officially a Samsung tablet widow!

It is a lovely looking piece of kit which is smooth and quick.

It was also a great offer with the £50 cashback which was an added bonus.

I would highly recommend this product...I am very tempted to get myself one!
on 11 June 2013
I was torn between this and the IPad but after having it for a couple of weeks I have not been disappointed.Great screen and love the twin speakers at the FRONT of the tab.Plenty apps to download and memory can be upgraded to 32gb.Would recommend this tablet to anyone!
on 28 March 2017
As expected
on 30 April 2017
Great
on 3 April 2017
I love it, although just wish it had come with some instructions for those of us that need 'Tablet for Dummys'
on 16 July 2015
I bought this for my husband as a present and he still says it's the best thing I've ever bought him.