on 17 June 2014
Cannot understand other reviews saying its hard to set up and tune, I found it incredibly easy, turned it on and the self tune kicked in, then I remembered to put aerial up then retuned it and found as many stations as my other DAB (a Sony), then stored favourites - all without using manual and I am no techno expert. Sound is crystal clear when using DAB and ipod (4th gen one here) not tried FM or Aux input. Looks great too and I would recommend it especially if you want the docking part with a DAB radio
on 29 November 2012
We love the look of the radio and being able to charge up our i-devices but the reception is not good at all.
We have other DAB radios in the house which find a good reception but this struggles to even find a reception of even the most popular stations. There's no means of attaching an external digital areal.
I'm hoping that ViewQuest can find a solution cos otherwise I wouldn't recommend this radio.
on 5 March 2014
I wasn't too sure about this, have wanted a DAB radio for a couple of years and decided to get this because of the docking station too.... I'm so glad I did...I absolutely love it.... and it looks much better in real life than in the pics online... highly reccomend :) I'm one happy bunny
on 21 July 2013
Fantastic Radio works fantastically with iphone 4s clear signal great sound looks great to
would recommend, charges phone whilst listening, only downside I wish it would cut out radio when a call comes in
on 31 January 2015
Purchased for my daughter. Plugged it in, turned it on and it tuned itself and we were away! Very good sound quality and a sturdy construction. It has the 80 pin dock (iPhone 4) so when my daughter upgraded to an iPhone 6 I bought her the Lupo Audio Supported Converter Dock and this worked perfectly for her, playing songs off the phone through the radio speaker whilst charging the phone. Good delivery. How good is that!
on 13 December 2013
Excellent radio with ipod dock. Great sound quality and looks great too. It is really good quality
Would highly recommend.
on 14 June 2013
I have to say first, can't comment on DAB reception as we don't get it in the Netherlands.

The View Quest was purchased because it fitted in with our kitchen décor and had an iPhone dock. I have to say, if Roberts did similar I'd probably have sprung the extra cash.

The unit is built to a price point. The buttons are a little small and plasticky, but they work. FM reception is reasonable, and sound quality pretty good, but only just loud enough to be heard over a noisy extractor fan in the oven hood and a few gas rings going.

One annoying thing is that you cannot set the clock independently; its setting is based on that of the last DAB or FM station (with RDS).

I'd pay more for better and louder speakers, and for having an integrated battery that charged when it was plugged in.

But it looks great and is conveniently portable.
on 20 August 2013
This is a lovely looking radio, the cream one fits well with the decor in any room and the sound quality is pretty good. It's one of the few DAB models I've found to be truly portable with the option of adding batteries rather than just mains. The dock at the front is non intrusive, and styled so your iPod or iPhone looks like part of the radio.

Just 2 niggles for me. The first is the buttons and display are so small, you can't tell the time or what you need to press at a glance, and the other is using the alarm to come on to a radio station.

It took me a couple of attempts to figure this out, but when waking to the radio, often I'll leave it on whereas when I wake to a noisy alarm, I'm keen to switch it off. After the alarm switches on to your radio station, you have to switch the unit off at the front (not the power off button behind the unit), then on again to reset the alarm. If you don't and just switch the radio off, you're also turning off the alarm and it will stay in off mode, meaning if you don't use the radio again that day, the alarm won't go off when you next expect it to!
on 6 December 2013
I ordered this item as it's retro look won me over
However the build quality is poor
The radio function is great but the iPhone dock moves in and out in fits and starts and is quite wobbly once extended
The actual connector has been built (poor quality) an angle which means my phone will not sit square on the radio
And one last thing - unless you fiddle with the iPhones inbuilt EQ the sound quality is average at best
on 7 June 2014
as many reviewers noted it was hit and miss with reception. Anyway, within the first day it stopped working altogether, and wouldn't switch on, and I've sent it back for a refund. When it did work it was ok in sound quality, bearing in mind that it is at the bottom end of the price spectrum.