Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

Being a huge fan of Tasmina Perry's fabulous novels, I was very very excited when I started Perfect Strangers, and I rightly so, for it was one thrilling story!

In Perfect Strangers, we follow the life of Sophie, a posh Chelsea girl trying to come to terms with the loss of her father from a heart attack. After agreeing to house-sit an expensive Knightsbridge home, Sophie meets the handsome and sexy Nick. They start a passionate love affair, which suddenly ends as Nick is found dead, with Sophie in line as the murder suspect.

Tasmina has again created a novel where once you pick it up, you won't put it down until you've finished it, I found myself staying up til the early hours of the morning in a frenzy to find out what happened in the next chapters. The story is very cleverly written, with characters so real that I felt as though I was stood in the scene next to them watching the events unfold. Sophie in particular was a fantastic character, I backed her all the way and really wanted her to uncover the truth about Nick's death.

Perfect Strangers is fast, thrilling, and intriguing. There are a lot of surprises, twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat and desperate to read on! Tasmina Perry fans won't be let down one bit - A must read!
VINE VOICEon 12 August 2012
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had actually never heard of Tasmina Perry till I ordered this book from Amazon Vine,so I thought I would catch up with some of her earlier works before I read this one.I enjoyed them,but I wasn't enamoured with some of the characters,who appeared to be quite selfish and out for what they could get.
I was pleasantly surprised when I read this,and found lots of nice people,and a really exciting storyline as well! I was genuinely surprised when I discovered who killed Nick,and I couldn't put down till I found out what happened at the end.
I can definitely recommend this;it's the perfect holiday read!
I have read each and every one of Tasmina Perry's books and was excited that there would another one soon with the release of her latest Perfect Strangers due in August 2012. To my absolute delight, the publishers sent me an early copy for review so it became THE book for me to read. As usual with Tasmina's books you get a lot of book for your money and this one came in at just under 450 pages. As usual her books have very inviting covers and her new one was no different.

Without even glancing at the synopsis at the back I got stuck in. We start by meeting Sophie Ellis at her mother's house seeing to guests attending her fathers wake. Sophie is a `typical' Chelsea rich girl that was spoilt by Daddy and never had to do a days work in her life. Sadly for her, that was no longer the case as just before her father's death he had made a bad investment and lost all of the family money. Sophie now lives in a bedsit and a chance meeting with somebody in her local gym leads to a surprise invitation.

It certainly seems an innocent enough start and Sophie is asked to house sit for a few weeks. Without realising what the future holds for her she attends a party and meets Nick Cooper. Within a matter of days she is swept of her feet and things really start to look up for her. Disaster strikes and Nick is found murdered in his hotel room. Sophie then becomes the main suspect in his murder and before she knows it her life has been literally turned upside down.

From this point on (which I must point out is less than a quarter of the way through, so no plot spoilers) things take a dramatic turn and the pace picks up considerably. I hadn't realised that I had managed to read a quarter of the book in one sitting as I was so engrossed. The next time I picked the book up I managed to finish it all. I literally couldn't put it down. Sophie, although not an obviously sounding great character, is extremely likeable and you soon realise that you are urging her to get to the truth. Her life is literally hanging in the balance and she has to find the truth about who killed Nick or she will end up in prison.

Although Tasmina Perry would usually fall into the `Bonkbuster/Chick Lit' genre, this current book is verging more into the Romantic Suspense genre. I would defy anybody to not be gripped by everything that goes on. There were quite a few layers to the plot which constantly keeps the reader on their toes and I was so disappointed to finish it. The ending threw up a few surprises too but it was all wrapped up nicely. I must admit that although I have liked all of her books this is by far her best yet. Maybe because I am a fan of the crime, thriller and mystery genre as well as chick lit this was the best of both worlds for me. A truly magnificent read that had me reading into the early hours of the morning. Perry fans will NOT be disappointed!
on 7 August 2012
I really loved all Tasmina Perry's books but her latest is a real let-down. It's just another run and chase plot. Not a gripping story like former novels nor are her characters all that great. When I saw the size of the book I felt it was going to be just fluff but hoped she would prove me wrong. As I have pre-ordered her next book due out this year, I hope it's going to be an improvement on this one otherwise I'll stop buying. Most good authors get a few books under their belts then churn out novels not worth reading. Hope Perry hasn't gone this way.
on 14 April 2014
I love everything tasmina perry has written and this did not disappoint. Bought it to take on holiday and it was the perfect book for at the poolside. I recommend this author to anyone who will listen.
on 8 September 2012
I love TP's books, fun, escapist summer reading, but this was just so badly written and edited (why try and kill someone when you really need to ask them questions?) that I couldn't enjoy it. Only the fact that I had nothing else to read kept me going.
on 3 March 2015
I actually enjoyed this book. Although at times I found it a little 'unbelievable' as as a storey line, 'ordinary man in street escapes thugs and wins' type of scenario. As the plot thickened I wanted to know how it ended. Friends being enemies, enemies being friends.
Sophie Ellis is a rich Chelsea socialite who seems to have it all. However, when her family loses all their money and her father suddenly dies of a heart-attack, Sophie's life changes significantly. She decides to pick up the pieces and go on as quick as possible, so when she is asked to house-sit for a new friend in Knightsbridge, she gladly accepts. At a glamorous party she meets handsome stranger Nick Cooper with whom she starts a passionate love affair. Yet, when Sophie finds Nick's lifeless body in the shower one morning and she is automatically considered one of the main murder suspects, her life is once again turned upside down. This time, however, it turns out to be slightly more difficult to find her way out...

I hadn't read a novel by Tasmina Perry before, and I was pleasantly surprised. From the first couple of pages I was captivated by the story and its exciting and intriguing plot. Who killed Nick, and why? What was going to happen to Sophie? I didn't want to put the novel down, and all the twists and turns which I seriously did not see coming only strengthened this longing to keep on reading. I really liked Sophie; she isn't your average Chelsea girl, which becomes clear from the start. She is thrown into a situation no one wants to find themselves in and I think it is very impressive how she deals with everything that is going on in her life. I adore fictional heroines who are strong, know how to take care of themselves and want to do the right thing; Sophie fits this picture perfectly. I found myself rooting for her straight away and hoping she would be able to find the real killer and go on with her life.

Tasmina Perry turns out to be one of those authors I have definitely been missing out on. Even though I initially thought this novel might not be the kind of thing I would like, I found out that chick lits with a touch of crime might after all be books I can really enjoy and get lost in. `Perfect Strangers' encompasses a great mix of mystery, excitement, drama and a touch of romance and keeps on throwing new twists and turns your way. If you're looking for a novel that includes both glamour and intrigue, then be sure to pick up this book. I certainly can't wait to get my hands on the next Tasmina Perry novel!
VINE VOICEon 14 August 2012
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
An exciting book from start to finish, with twists and turns along the way to surprise you. Sophie meets a man she wants to spend the rest of her life with, but things don't always work out the way you want them to. Read this thrilling story to find out Sophie's destiny and you won't be disappointed. A brilliant read, full of mystery. Find out how Sophie gets through some of the toughest days of her life and what the outcome will be.
on 20 July 2013
To be honest of all her books I found this the hardest to get into, why i don't know but I'm now nearly finished and loving it... I cant put it down. I personally don't think its one of her bests but i would still recommend it and for anyone who has not read any of her books... Give them ago, i love her books!!