Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 13 April 2015
Predictable end, unrealistic plot and irritating tone. The story is of a cop turned journalist, who stumbles his way around, discovering what is happening at a Genetics company. A supposed goodie, he seems to be quite happy to put everyone's life at risk in his quest for justice, but never reports back to his boss anything he learns. Despite seeing innocent people die, including some of his friends, he blithely witnesses for the murder of the head baddie (by the President, no less) and settles for a dose of the miracle treatment as the price of his silence. The plot leaves you unconvinced and with little sympathy for the protagonist..
Added to the fact that the book is split into two halves, the first half free, the second paid for - this smacks of slightly dubious practice.
I won't be purchasing any more of Mr Irvine's books. Don't get sucked in.
on 28 May 2015
A good read. The first book was very good, the second book started off a bit slow and predictable but soon become as interesting as book one.
I thought at first it was coming to an expected conclusion but the twist it took was quite unexpected, and welcome.
I would recommend the book(s) to anyone interested in reading a book full of mystery, and drama.
on 14 March 2017
Orlando Papers
By Ian Irvine
When I had to stay for few days in the hospital Ian Irvine’s brother Nic Irvine a close friend, brought a copy of the book ‘Orlando Papers‘ for me to read while in the hospital. I rarely read fiction leave aside a thriller.
I must admit, once I got into the book, I couldn’t stop reading to the end. The plot of the story moves on a fast pace, without knowing what would come next. Near the end of the story the boss of the genetics company, which the Washington Post reporter is investigating, makes a presentation to members of an exclusive club, when he tries to ethically justify the work of his company. The presentation stall, after the fast pace of events in the first 80% of the book.
I was admiring the writer for weaving such a complex plot, kept me glued to the pages. The last episode when the protagonist meets the men behind the events. He is invited to the Whitehouse, where the President of America, who turns out also the president of the super club, explains the work of the club and its reasons for the control it holds on the activities of the most of the important industries in the country. The arguments given by the said President are too lengthy and made-up.
This makes me think objectively about the plots and purpose of the book. It reminded of run of the mill Bollywood movies, in which the good guy always wins at the end. I wonder whether the protagonist really found the justice he was looking for or he fell for short term personal gratification!!!
I still admire the way the writer had woven the plot. Worth discovering.
Avtarjeet Dhanjal
on 29 December 2014
The basis of this book was interesting but was spoilt for me by a lot of padding, and after a huge lot of twists and turns the ending was s huge disappointment and went against the main characters premise.
on 24 November 2016
AMAZING! This book is by far the best medical thriller i have ever read! I love the amazing twist at the end when the lovely couple (Kerrin and Dana) succumb to what they had fought against the entire story.
on 30 June 2014
I obtained book one free of charge via Kindle download, and I have to say I enjoyed it very much. The story line kept me in suspense what was this Orlando Treatment that powerful leaders in industry and politics would be prepared to kill for? I enjoyed it so much when book one finished I just had to buy book two to read the rest of the story.
A thorough good read of a crime and suspense story.

The story line revolves around Kerrin Graham who is a retired cop and works for the Washington Post as a reporter. He gets drawn into the mystery when he receives a call from his sister late at night who has left home with the children after a warning call from her husband to leave the house immediately and meet her in Nassau. His sister advises that her husband David a top executive and chief geneticist has not turned up to met her as he promised he would.

Kerrin goes to Nassau to collect his sister and the children and gets drawn into a web of conspiracy and murder perpetrated by a sinister shadow organisation called the Chymera Organisation who are prepared to threaten, bribe, corrupt and murder anyone who gets in their way. I found I could not put this book down, and was worth every penny to buy book two, I would recommend this book to crime, mystery and suspense readers.
on 9 December 2016
Is this to be our future? Who knows. This book is very well written and researched. The author has got the balance of truth and poetic justice just right. The story flows well from beginning to end. I for one tho thoroughly enjoyed this book, and would recommend it to anyone who loves who done it books and books with a hint of the future in them. I definitely recommend this book. It is a cracking good read, loved it. Thanks Ian and well done.
on 25 November 2016
No one can speak silently - you need to work on your adverbs!! A good enough story that could have been done in one book and perhaps Kerrin could have shown a bit more emotion and compassion over the deaths of his friend and colleague. He comes across as extremely self centered in those sections, but of a sociopath?
on 26 January 2017
Wow loved every page couldn't put my kindle down until the wee small hours. Yet another fantastic educational read! Please keep them coming and for those of you out there who have not read any of this authors books what are you waiting for?! Evil From Within and Without are two of the best books i have ever had the pleasure of reading this comes from someone who does not write reviews Mr Irvine you inspire me well done!
on 10 February 2013
i was looking for a new author after reading pretty much everything written by Jack Higgins, Robert ludlum and Wilbur Smith. After trying David Baldacci's The Forgotten and becoming a Baldacci fan i happened on Ian CP Irvine and The Orlando File on Kindle Loan. What a gripping read that i could not put down. the suspense twists and turns and action in every chapter was captivating. Irvine now joins my list of authos to read along with Baldacci and Child.