on 10 August 2012
I'll be saving a small fortune on cleaning products from now on, now that I have this steam cleaner. The customer services department at True Shopping is excellent.

On the plus side - The good thing about this steam mop is that it has a detachable hand held steamer. I can use the mop to steam clean my kitchen laminate floor and my resin and granite bathroom floor tiles. I have even cleaned the concrete floor in my utility room. With the micro fibre cloth cover I can give my carpets an occasional blast too, in between shampoos.

There are loads of attachments for lots of different jobs. The attachments fit onto a holder which sits on the back of the steam mop. There is a spare floor mop cloth included

I have used the hand held steamer to blast clean my car's alloy wheels and wheel arches, my oven and hob, grill pan, sink, plug holes, grids, kitchen tiles, dishwasher and UPVC door and window frames. I'm still finding little jobs to do with it.

I was overjoyed when I realised I could finally remove old dried on paint splashes from my window panes, work surfaces and carpets and I ran round the house excitedly blasting away and making my carpets look almost new again. .

The 500ml water tank lasts quite a while so I don't have to keep running back to the kitchen to fill it up all the time. When I did my alloy wheels, that took a bit of time, so I kept a 2 litre jug of water on hand to top it up when necessary. It only takes about 30 seconds to heat up the water.

The negatives - It's very flimsy, but I suppose that's what keeps it lightweight. I think that some parts could shatter if dropped.

The hand held steamer only operates if you keep your finger or thumb on the ON button all the time. This is an absolute pain, cos it means you can't put it down and you only have one hand free to use the nozzle. After a while I get thumb ache.

It could do with another hook on the bottom to wrap the cable round when it's not in use.

The second time I used the hand held steamer, I noticed water all over the floor. This was because the rubber cap/stopper in the water tank had broken away so I couldn't stop the water from leaking without keeping the steamer with the nozzle upright. I have contacted True Shopping and they are sending me a replacement stopper.

I haven't used the steam cleaner on curtains yet cos I need the new stopper to prevent the water from pouring out when I tilt the cleaner.

What I have learnt since I started using it.

Whatever job you are doing with the hand held steamer, you will need a microfibre cloth or a flannel or an old towel to mop up after you as you go along. This is difficult when you have to keep your thumb on the ON button, cos you run out of hands so you have to put the cleaner down when mopping up the spills. It's a nuisance having to do this when you're on a roll with the cleaning.

I suggest you always start cleaning from the top and work your way down because the dirt gets everywhere..

You will need a microfibre mop or an old towel to dry your floors as you go along, particularly if they are laminate, because they are left very wet.

I would advise putting old newspapers on the floor if you are cleaning the oven because the muck flies everywhere and you will need kitchen roll or an old cloth to wipe the muck off your other surfaces.

When cleaning UPVC doors and window frames, you have to be very vigilant with another cloth to wipe away the dirt immediately because the dirt you have cleaned off can get ingrained elsewhere. You can't clean off the ingrained dirt from UPVC, even with the steamer.

When you are changing nozzles and brushes, use a cloth to detach and attach them, because they get very hot.

The pointy jet nozzle usually flies off the end as soon as the steam spurts out, unless you use it pressed right up against the surface you are cleaning. It's a shame because this is the most versatile nozzle.

Be careful to prevent scalding hot water from splashing onto your skin.
11 comment| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 September 2012
What a handy gadget. Cleans the vynil floors a treat and the detachable part is magic on the cooker. I have never used a steam cleaner before so have nothing to compare this one with. However, I am very pleased with it's ease of use and effectiveness when when cleaning. Delivry was very prompt.
on 13 September 2012
This is first steamer i have owned so i did'nt really know what to expect from use of one. I chose this particular one because it fit criteria i was told to look for by people whom own/have owned one:The steamer is very easey to assemble to use mop function and intuitive to detach for handheld steaming.
The steam is powerful enough to tackle ingrained grime on surfaces together with
choice of attachment. I use copper wire brush on my cooker and it looks good now!
The instructions are easey to follow and written in english and If you need to contact Customer Service i found response swift and professional.
Two mop pads are white and get dirty very quickly but they are machine washable.
I find the window and furniture attachment very useful...
Lastly, the steamer has a robust feel to it and it looks good.
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2012
There are so many steam mops available it is hard to choose between them however after looking at some reviews I plumped for this one as you can also use the steam cleaner for other things as it suited me better. It was a bit of a faff when I first put it together and was getting used to it but once you know how to use it it works really well - my wooden floors are smear free and it is really quick to give them a once over rather than getting the bucket and mop ready. I managed to remove some stains on my cooker that no other product could shift (including brillo pads). I am moving house soon and cannot wait to sanitise all the floors/carpets/bathrooms with my new steam cleaner!
on 16 December 2012
I bought this after a good deal of online research and with some trepidation, having read some of the poorer general reviews of steam cleaners (not this brand). I find it to be very effective. It is well designed and pretty solid, although not heavy to use. The steamer is ready within seconds and a tank of water gives you plenty of cleaning time. There are plenty of additional heads/gadgets for use in different situations. It works especially well on wooden and tiled floors and does not leave them particularly wet. There is some residual dampness but this evaporates very quickly. My only gripe is that the cable is too short (why do manufacturers always economise in this way?) and you have to move from plug to plug. Other than that, I think this is an excellent product and am very pleased with the results it gives.
on 1 November 2012
i found this steamer very easy to use does a great job on greasy kitchen tiles. i also found this cleaner excellent on my flooring all round well worth the price i paid. would reccomend this item
on 22 November 2012
This product has performed so much better than I expected. My house has never been so clean! With two dogs the carpet steamer is very useful and removes all doggy smells. If you buy this product you will be looking for all those hard to access nooks and crannies to steam. I would highly recommend it.
on 9 November 2012
I bought this after reading the other reviews on Amazon. There are so many machines about it's hard to know which one to buy. This one was more expensive than others but seemed to do everything hence my decision.
Does a great job on hardwood and laminate flooring - I was surprised at how little water is left on the floor - less than when you use a mop. Have used it on ceramic bathroom tiles and they come up really well. Have yet to try all the accessories and carpet gilder but have so far been very impressed with build quality and performance.
on 28 November 2012
Not easy to use and the amount of steam not sufficient to clean the floor. It kept on cutting out every few minutes. When complained they were very slow to respond and the replies were not helpful. It took me nearly one month to convince them this item was not fit for purpose.
on 15 January 2013
Very good price compared to other similar steam mops on the market. Works lovely on carpet and is great for bathroom, cleaning between tiles ect, reccomend this to anyone that find it hard to get to those difficult to clean those hard to get to areas. Very peased with its performance