10,421
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 10 April 2017
I found this to be a page turner, and in the first book the story is told from two persons' different perspective and you have an affinity to one of them. This is flipped on its head in the second book, and by the end you realise it's purely about how one person can have power over another. I felt that some of the sexual language was a bit over the top and could have been just as enjoyable without it, hence only four stars
on 16 November 2014
I found the first half of the book quite boring. It was too slow and the author kept waffling on about stuff that was nothing to do with the story. This happened too much and I was on the verge of giving up and reading something else but 52% in it started to get interesting and then I couldn't put it down. The book makes you like and dislike each character all the way through and constantly change your mind and opinion on who to like. I enjoyed the second half of the book but I was a bit surprised with the ending.
on 10 April 2015
Not my normal read but wanted to give it a go and then see the film. Part one very good nice build up to a mystery story. Part two, shock horror and still a good read. Part three, and this is were the problem s start. Just got the feeling that both me and the author thought how is this going to end. Not your usual Hollywood ending which is a good thing but also not the ending that would happen in real life. Interesting to see how Hollywood ends this story.
on 19 May 2013
This was an intriguing read. The first half built up tension nicely, and clever in the way it made you wonder who the guilty party was. I liked the central characters and felt the idea of Amy living up to the perfect 'Amazing Amy' created by her psychologist parents very neat. However, like others I really didn't like the ending. I'm not sure it could have worked. I can think of a much better ending, which I can't write here as it would give the story away. However, I'm going to imagine that ending exists and then it becomes satisfying and the culprit gets their comeuppance!
on 19 May 2017
As I started this book I wasn't too sure about it and considering putting it down But as I got a few chapters in I couldn't put it down. What a twist and unnerving story. Someone could think so deeply and plan so much. An unsettling end to the story. Wish the truth had come out maybe it will in a sequel.
on 21 May 2017
Incredible read, you had me screaming with fury at the ending! Much better than the film, would recommend to anyone who likes crime thrillers and mysteries.
on 24 June 2017
Probably one of the last people to read this book! Enjoyed the twists and turns of the plot and glad I hadn't seen the film. Clever writing and portrayal of characters. Highly recommended.
on 10 January 2015
A thoroughly gripping story that tells the tale of Amy and Nick. Their marriage is floundering and they both lose their jobs. They move to be near Nick's ill mother. But this isn't the life Amy wanted. She is Amazing Amy from the books her parents wrote about her when she was a child and Amazing Amy isn't going to settle for a dull marriage without a fight. fascinating and enjoyable!
on 22 October 2016
This is truly one of the best books I had read in a long time. Well paced and increasing momentum throughout. Nick and Amy have the most toxic of marriages. Brilliantly written. If you haven't read this book, I recommend you do.
on 11 April 2016
It took a while to get in to the book. It keeps going back and forth between Nick and Amy. Sometimes I found it hard to get my head around the story line .