on 3 January 2016
This slimline solar powered panel charger is a Awesome bit of kit. Made by solarmonkey I'm so happy with it. It comes in a great looking well made box and when you open it' it's been packed so professionally! The solar charger is in a nice made protective case. And when you open it " WOW ! AWESOME I just love every thing about it. The solar charge controller is already pre-charged and ready to go! As it has a battery built in incase there's not enough sun to charge.
Theres different tips for many other phones or tablets is nicely arranged on the bottom of the box in a good firm foam.

Worth every pound spent. Iv now most of the gorilla and power monkey products and I'm very happy with all the solar and charging products. There all worth every pound and made so well EVERYONE!!

🔌The only draw back I have with there products is that they say there devices have a coated rubber on them. It's not the case' it's some sort of pray coating. Very nice to the touch! But if you drop or bang the unit it will mark badly if dropped on a hard floor like concrete! So I'm trying to make sure that I get some sort of protective cases. Some of the products do come with cases. But if no Protection cases with the product
Get one!! is the best way to look after your gorilla products. wish they did have a firm rubber case on them. They would be a perfect unit for the fast busy life on the go outdoors.
on 17 July 2015
This is a mixed bag. If you want it for one phone, yes it is good for that, but when hiking we have two phones and so here its not so good. I like the design simple and sturdy, although a better USB rubber protector is a bit flimsy I like the ability to charge up both in the sun and via mains / USB. On one hike we did this at campsties, of YHA over night. Takes about 7 hrs on mains. It will not work behind glass. I ditched the carry case and with webbing straps, attached to the top of my racsac. I think this worked better. One phone it will charge up fine, but if it is low it will drain phone?? why how do not know. If this was just updated.
Update---Penny dropped the difference between daylight and sun light!!!. Sun light is what you need,
on 8 March 2016
First time the USB connector snapped inside so I got a replacement. It has been working for one year and half and now it does not charge anymore...whatever I plug it does not charge. Also measured the Ampere current and the result is 0 mA... so clearly gone. For such price I would expect something more reliable. In the end I bought another brand (even cheaper) and at the moment I am quite happy while I feel disappointed that I spent so much for such flimsy product. Even more I did not expose the unit to extreme weather or vibration, I was used to keep it strapped on the handlebar bag of my road bike to recharge my phone...no MTB or direct rain
on 20 December 2014
good as a battery backup, not too great as a solar charger. possible i was expecting too much from a solar charger but having left it out in the blazing sun for an entire cloudless day in the dry heat of Portugal, it still hadnt charged its own battery, let alone made much of an impact on my phone.
having said that, it is a very robust product, and the case/adapters it comes with. you couldnt ask for more
on 19 August 2014
I had read other reviews of this product before purchasing and one of the things that sounded good was the fact that it charges in reasonably low light. I have been pleased with that aspect of it's performance - the unit charges even on cloudy days and through glass - I have left it on the dash board of my car for instance. I took the charger on a weeks camping trip and it proved more than adequate to keep my phone alive for the week. The box claims the unit will charge 2 mobile phones from full, It did fully charge my HTC smartphone but not a second time. I have also tried (only once) to charge my daughters Hudl and it did not seem to do anything I need to try again once I have a fully charged battery..
on 9 November 2014
This kept my iphone5s, Sony Camcorder and Suunto Ambit watch charged throughout my 10 day trip on Kilimanjaro - it even had juice to spare and the porters would charge their phones too. Great piece of kit for any traveler.
on 26 July 2013
This unit is as use full as a brick.

During the last week, when temperatures in England have been 25 - 30 every day with near perfect clear skies and sunlight on the device all the time.
As it still isn't charged.

Worse if I plug it into my Samsung S2, it seems to discharge the phone!!

All in all, a waste of time. My search for a decent solar power charger continues.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2014
Very quick delivery and arrived in perfect shape. Works like it should and the price is right. Bought this as a backup power source for our upcoming trip to the remote jungle areas of Nicaragua, so it's going to be tested in rough circumstances. Seems to load relatively quickly if placed in the direct sunlight in a right angle. Clam-shape is a great feature for optimizing the load. Reserve battery is also one of the best features in this item.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2013
Great in the wind and rain as well as the sun; charged iPhone five easily. Very robust piece of kit as it was strapped to the back of a mountain bike for three weeks solid. Very handy having the plug socket leads for the quick charge. Remarkably light weight, now part of my kit essentials.
on 14 March 2014
I thought this solar charger looked the business, but I was disappointed. The charger fits poorly in the case and is forever falling out, the rubber plug for the socket does not stay in and worst of all the battery does not seem to hold its charge for long. Sent my unit back for refund!