on 10 October 2014
I am using these connectors on my model railway to connect the "bus" wire to feeder wires. They are not perfect, but will do the job if you work at it a little bit - MUCH better than stripping the Bus and soldering!!!!!

I am using a pretty meaty bus wire (3mm diameter including the insulation), so it takes quite a shove to get the bus wire into the "run" hole of the connector in the first place. It is made for a smaller diameter. Also, I found that if I strip the feeder wire (Maplin 24/0.2 wire) and feed it right through the "branch hole", I can make a usable connection. It shouldn't be necessary to strip this wire, but it worked for me - you may find it unnecessary with the diameter of wire you're using.

Sounds like hard work? Not really. Just try and buy "proper" Scotchloks from 3M or one of their distributors for less than 50 pence EACH - hours on the internet and the phone trying to do that. This works, I'm sticking to it!

I can only compliment JImbobs, the supplier, for speed of supply and response to a query. Good service.

Persevere, as it's much easier using this little connectors than soldering UNDER a baseboard
on 18 June 2012
these are nice and strong, not cheap flimsy plastic that i've seen before, simple to use. if you have to connect wire to an existing loom or wire then these are a must, no need to cut any wires, just clamp them over the wires and snap shut with pliers (or fingers if you're strong enough)
always handy to have around.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 July 2014
These are not bad at all, and one of the few items that I've recently purchased from Amazon that are not rubbish. Am I alone in finding, from my own sampling, a disproportionately large fraction of Amazon's offerings, especially those made in China, mostly fit only for binning?
on 22 March 2016
Perfect for what I needed.

Used whilst adding DRL's to my car, needed to splice wires together from existing and new wires. Did the job perfectly.

No issue with delivery.
on 1 February 2014
The Scotch Lock connectors were a good product and did precisely what they are required to do. I wanted them in a hurry to
complete a job but waited in the region of three weeks. This however was my fault as I had not noticed that the goods were
being shipped from China.
on 15 May 2018
fit for purpose
on 10 December 2017
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 26 June 2017
Worked as expected. What else can you really say apart from did the job I was intending it for. Easy to use.
on 6 July 2013
thought these would make my life easier but did not really the bodys still had excess plastic on and inside so i could not actually put some wires through even when i did and clamped it down it did not hold very nicely some of the cover caps broke off and the metal connector inside where missing or already stuck in or would be loose.
an up side i had the correct amount and they were packed nicely and arrived on time
on 20 September 2014
Completely useless rubbish. Tried various core sizes and no go. The splicers are completely blunt and only squeeze the wire sleeve.
One person found this helpful