7,755
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 1 July 2014
This is the first book I have read by John Green and It most certainly will not be my last. This book popped up on my recommendations list on my Kobo. I read it until the early hours of the morning as I could not put it down. By the end of it I had both tears and snot dripping down my face – a lovely image I know. I have never tried so hard to quieten my sobs in the early hours of the morning.

I had to buy the physical version and add it too my wonderful collection.

This book is so moving and such a lovely read despite the tragic ending. I must say that John Green managed to move me in a way no other author has managed to do and then continued to move me even more as the story progressed. I was predicting a different ending when I first started reading ‘The Fault in our Stars’. So was surprised when it suddenly did not appear to be going that way.
I learned a lot about illness reading this and have managed to look at life a little differently due to it. Some may think this is an exaggeration but as I am not suffering from an illness but am -arguably- wasting my life sitting on my arse all day I do believe this book can give you a different outlook towards life.
The best stories are love stories.
At the end of it all, it gave me something to think about, it moved me and lastly it made me ponder different questions after I finished reading the last word. What more do you want from a book?
on 4 March 2017
I loved this book I wanted to read TFIOS because I'd seen the movie and I knew there was a book (I read most books that I've seen the movie of) If your about 12-17 you probably would like this book and the movie if your interested. I hope this helped you choose if you are going to read this book or not.
P.S. Heartbreak is this books middle name.
on 2 June 2017
A love story that I was afraid to read because I suspected that it would make me cry. I avoid Lassie films for the same reason. The story did bring a tear to my eye but more than that it opened up a world to me full of well meaning people who care about their sick loved ones and try very hard to help them. Their words fall short because the sick persons journey is known only to her/himself and the kindness of others is often another burden. A funny thoughtful and somewhat eccentric, warm, and sometimes puzzling story. Well worth reading.
on 8 April 2017
Took me a while to get into this book,usually I can read a book in a few hours,this one took me a week,but once I got into it,I actually did enjoy it,I think anyone who has had a family member or friend whose had cancer might find this book a struggle,simply because of the subject matter,but I'd say persevere,it's a very good story
on 3 May 2013
What a great book.

I am glad that this was picked for a book club as otherwise I would not have read it - sometimes you can't help but judge a book by its cover and this one is awful.

I laughed and cried my way through this book, and came out a different person at the end.

The characters are well developed and so so real. You can feel their pain, picture them perfectly. My heart was breaking throughout this whole book. You get so involved with the characters. You can't help it. There is no way you can read this and keep yourself separate from all that's going on.

Although some part of me expected the ending, it still shattered me. Great big gasping sobs, tears rolling down my face, the lot.

This book left me an emotional wreck.

Even months on, I think of this book. I imagine the petals falling down on Amsterdam, I imagine the basement with the video games. I cannot get this book out of my head.
on 1 April 2016
I approached this book with some trepidation given the subject matter. Illness and cancer would seem to point to a challenging read. Nothing could be further from the truth. Two teenagers facing up to their illness with bravery, truth and sometimes levity crept into my heart and made me really care about them. Expect to laugh and cry and fall a little bit in love with them.
on 7 April 2014
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten. Warning: This book will make you cry!
on 12 June 2017
Ok so I refused to read this for a long time. I felt it must be over hyped, or overly sentimental, maybe just too romantic, in short not a book I would enjoy. I was wrong. Start to finish I devoured it in a day. I still have tears drying on my face and wouldn't change a thing.
on 9 July 2014
There is a whole lot of hype surrounding this book, so I thought I would check it out for myself. . . .

Where to begin? The story itself is alright, the characters are likable enough, the words are all in a nice enough order but at times . . . at times, Jesus wept it's stuck up its own arse. The dialogue is preposterous, adults don't speak like that to each other let alone lovestruck teenagers.

Catcher In The Rye this isn't
on 5 December 2014
As a doctor and Minister and Mother, my daughter(13) told me to read this Book , I am truly grateful to have read it. Working with the dying and relatives is a very deep and intersting Job which involves Love and Courage. Both come out in this Book, as it makes us look beyond.... Thanks so much for such a Brilliant Book. Dr Best, Bianca Prasadavajri, from Cologne.