on 7 June 2013
Bought this to repace an 8 year old 42 inch Hitachi Plasma which was switching itself off but still had as I thought a very good picture. First impressions were light to lift onto the wall and very elegant with the thin bezel making it appear to be all screen area. My only gripe is that most people will wall mount this TV and Panasonic are so tight that they do not include any screws to fit the wall mount to the TV. Hooked it up to my Virgin box via a panasonic theatre system and WOW the clarity and definition are stunning. I was thinking of buying an LED/LCD but I am glad I opted for the plasma as the colours are so brilliant with stunning blacks and whites. I have not played with the controls or internet yet but set up was easy and I am happy with the contrast and colours ex factory.
The 3D is amazing as I was sceptical about the effect it could have on a domestic TV but objects just fly out of the screen at you and the depth makes watching TV a new experience. I opted for the samsung 3D glasses as they are so much cheaper than the panasonics but work perfectly also they are very light and fit over my own glasses easily.
With the 1000w Theatre System the effect is stunning and my family are very happy viewers, 3D Blu Ray are still a bit pricey though but worth having.
on 7 November 2013
I got this over other brands because the picture seemed more vivid and sharp and the 3d impressed in the shop and the reviews were also very good. Overall I am pleased and would easily have offered 5 stars for this. However Panasonic are among a growing number of tv makers that try to make money after selling the tv, by only allowing certain products/apps(or whatever they're called on tvs) on their tv. Which is fair enough I suppose. But I assumed I would have liked to be able to plug in a standard webcam into the tv and use skype, and I would have liked to be able to download lovefilm app or sky app, but perhaps I'm being too picky. For most purposes, the picture is what matters and it is solidly made with good features, so apart from the niggles, I am happy! (even if a samsung tv may have let me do these things)The camera from Panasonic is available through the tv for about 100 pounds in the uk and a solid pair of 3d glasses are around 70, but cheaper pairs can be got for 20. But all included it does everything well!
on 4 July 2014
Excellent in almost every way. I have used it as a freeview HD TV (much better reception than any of the stand-alone freeview boxes I have used), SKY HD (very good) and Blu-Ray (very good indeed). I have generally been very impressed with its ability to keep SD pictures watchable too - something other HD TVs can be extremely bad at. I have used the 3D feature for some 3D Blu-Rays and it is fun (esp Avatar), but I have to confess it is not as compelling as I had hoped!

One issue I have with usability seems to have been a retrograde step that I don't seem to be able to fix - when starting up the Sky HD box (connected by HDMI), the TV does not switch to it automatically. However, when I turn on the BluRay player, it does. With older analogue SCART cables this did not ever seem to be a problem. OK, it is easy to switch the TV input manually, but it would be nice if it just worked.

Overall I am very pleased I paid the extra.
on 21 October 2015
This model is the absolute doggies proverbials!

As described, quick delivery and well packaged.

Not a sniff of an issue since I've owned it and simply the best quality graphics, even for gaming.
The contrast is better than I've seen on the Pioneer Kuro!
Screen quality is brilliant and is only minutely surpassed by the Panasonic P42V10 (older) model,
which I also own.
on 10 August 2012
This is a really nice TV, features I particularly like:
- PVR to USB hard disk
- pause and rewind live tv to USB hard disk
- HD image quality very good

disappointments:
- Upscaling of SD content doesn't seem as good as on my Samsung 40" LED
- no Picture in Picture function
on 19 October 2012
Spent about 3 weeks looking at tv sets, going back and forth from LED to Plasma.
Reading almost all reviews I could find (especialy on AVForum) as well as customer opinions and experiences I finally made my mind up on this set and so far have not been dissapointed.
Amazing set, great picture and sound. Noot sure what some reviewers find wrong with the built in sound, yes it isn't a home theater system but keeping in mind how thin the tv is it is great for built in speakers.
My only concern was most reviewers mentioned the 50Hz niggles, but so far I have not experienced any, no motion blur, green spot or any other things people pick up on plasma's.
Have not had a chance to test the 3D as I'm still waiting for my free glasses to arrive, and haven't tested its gaming performance.
But as for the picture quality, excellent! And that is only on the factory settings, I haven't tried out all the recommended settings you find on forums as so far we are very happy.
I have only had the tv for less than a week so still have to play around with all the extra's like recording and internet (still waiting for Virgin) but as is I am happy to give this a rating of 5!
on 26 June 2013
Fantastic piece of equipment. Clear crisp picture. Only had this for a few days, but very pleased. Changed from 42" plasma to this and fits so well in our living room
on 5 November 2016
Great picture quality and good value for money, it's going to be a long time before I see the need for a 4K Tv set and the colour on the plasma screen is so good.
on 18 May 2013
Great tv,does what it says on the tin.Would recommend for anyone wanting a great all round plasma tv,great picture quality and easy to configure
on 4 May 2013
I love the wireless connection very easy very good picture better in a dark room as with all plasma tv you get glare from any bright light