Customer reviews

on 30 May 2012
Read various reviews of this album and the glowing testimonials afforded their first album in the amazon review section, and then listened to the short snippets available.I was immediately taken with songs on both albums even on such small crumbs. Luckily got the chance to see them live last Monday and would confirm what some others have known for a while - this is a top notch band. Flute and clarinet add a classy flourish to their sound. The lead singer has a fine voice and duets beautifully with the female member of the band at times. The songs are lyrically rich and hold your attention from start to finish. As has been mentioned elsewhere there are a couple of songs which may bring Elbow to mind. My favourites are the two tracks which bookend the album closely followed by old fools and burn but there are others which i'm sure may just help elevate the band to mass appeal given the right breaks and a bit of national radio play - possibly beetle in the box and/or isn't this world enough. The first album is possibly even better - dead against smoking tops the lot for me. Give both albums a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 11 October 2013
I heard a track from this album on an episode of "The Big C" and liked it enough to track down the band, listen to another couple of tracks, and bought this on the strength of that. I am seriously impressed by the performances, the album hangs together well, it's well paced and has a sense of continuity. The entire album is a delight. This band deserve every success, they are sublime.
on 24 December 2013
I bought this because I absolutely loved Boots Met My Face for its strong lyrics and observational humour tinged with harsh reality. I did not enjoy this album so much as it tries too hard to make its points and the lyrics are a little too complex in places leaving me to wonder what they are trying to say. That said, Admiral Fallow are a great band and I shall continue to follow them.
on 5 October 2013
Great album, fine song writing, excellent musicians. I prefer this album to the first ( Boots met my face ) , the band meshes well and its a tight sound. If you get the chance to see the band live - do it, they are even better on the stage
on 18 July 2015
This is a gem of an album every song an anthem....would highly recommend
on 1 December 2013
Q. How do you follow Boots Met My Face?
A. With Tree Busts in Snow.

Wonderful 10/10. Click "add to basket".
on 2 January 2014
Must have bought this for my daughter from her wish list. No complaints from her but then they are a good band.
on 31 January 2015
This is an excellent album. Buy it. You won't be disappointed!
on 22 January 2013
Having first heard Admiral Fallow on their track 'Brother' on a free Nettwerk Fall sampler album I just had to hear more. Loving the complex simplicity of their music and the thought provoking lyrics..
on 25 March 2013
This is a very good follow-up to their first album, even if it doesn't quite reach the same level. Thorough songwriting here too, though, and I really like the album.