on 24 December 2012
I now wonder what I expected of this product. It would be churlish to say I was disappointed. I remember Charlie Brooker asking "Has anyone - ever - recommended a fellow human being to consider purchasing Microsoft Windows?" The jury still remains out.
on 6 November 2012
What a disappointment, will not start after loading in, i tried loading it with Windows 7 64bit on, nothing, then tried a clean load, nothing, then i put "killdisc" in and wiped the hard drive clean,, still nothing, what a waste of money
on 8 November 2012
The book is clear and informative,if slightly baffling in places without the OS running as you read. I run VISTA, long for my old XP systemand the book convinced me I don;t particulalry want windows 8

Graham whitaker
on 15 October 2012
Bought this purely as background so that I could start to form some judgment as to what can be expected when Windows 8 launches and whether to upgrade or not. Useful info, but I've still not decided yet!!
on 18 November 2012
its better then i thought, it still looks like windows 7 by pressing a button back and forth to and from windows 8 i got used to it quite quickly i like the panama photos of all around the world.
on 25 October 2012
Most unsatisfactory - this is a series of random jottings on a very early version of the Windows Consumer Preview. Too much space is taken with details of various options to download and install the Consumer Preview that are no longer necessary as we approach the release of the full version (Oct 26th). The book is 27% complete before any details are given of Windows 8 and "What To Expect".
The formatting of the book is non-existent and images very poor.

I know it's free but still needs to be up to a certain standard.
on 5 February 2014
I have had no end of problems with this product and from what I have seen in the trade press I am not alone. It is enough to tip me over the edge and to start using Apple.
on 3 January 2014
Very quick. lovely! have only been using it for 2 weeks but I can see that the system of the Tiles etc mke it much easier to use than my previous XP one.Eights Great!!
on 15 December 2012
what gets my goat is that apple & android tend to hit the ground running.
But yet again windows hit the ground face first, with the usual lack of drivers.
on 16 November 2012
Good information, cleared a few doughts about the product, but found theat Windows 8: What to expect, gave a good insight
of whats to come. thanks again