on 2 May 2012
After reading the previous book - wipe your feet please which I couldn't put down till I'd finished was eagerly awaiting the publication of this volume and was not disappointed. Sever has the character of Simon the long suffering B&B owner (most of the suffering self inflicted!) down to a tee. I like this book because it doesn't gloss over the reality of running the business while making it humerous in a Faulty Towers Style.
on 27 August 2013
Im still reading this book at the moment and its very cheerful and uplifting after a busy day.There is lots of laughter and its hard to believe that some of the things could go on in the story but still very enjoyable I would reccomend you read this book but read the first one Wipe your feet please first.I hope the author will carry on doing more books as i have really enjoyed reading these two.
on 28 April 2013
This was a very good read with many laughs as the author shares the bumbling life of Simon and his family, including his long suffering wife. The style of writing is fast paced and the characters are totally believable. Next instalment please, I need to know if his wife finally cracks!!
on 24 July 2015
Like the first book, this one is very funny and packed full of 'situations' that Simon, the Bed and Breakfast owner finds himself having to cope with. An enjoyable read and I'm now looking to purchase the third book in the series.
on 12 August 2014
Obviously this is a parody of a guest house owner as I refuse to believe that one person could be this intolerant and unwelcoming. They make Basil Fawlty look like the model of good service.

As such I found it difficult to warm to any of the characters, but for 99p it would be churlish to complain too much. It entertained me, but there was nothing that would make me want to go back and read it again
on 15 October 2014
I think Ms Sever was probably wise not to a third book in this series but I have really enjoyed the first two. There have been a few errors in spelling or punctuation (which I originally thought may have been intended but have concluded that they're not) they don't really detract from the story.
on 11 December 2014
having read wipe your feet please, i enjoyed this just a little bit less, however i did stick with it till the end. despite this i have purchased another of marie sever as i like the way she presents her book in diary form, great stuff.
on 16 December 2013
I am not sure why I bought this second book as I didn't like the main character in the first book! The writing must be very good as he is actually quite difficult to like and I think that is the main point of the writing. His extreme views on most things begin to jar and I find that I don't relax that much when reading about his latest set of "cock - ups"
on 1 January 2014
This book was fairly amusing and a harmless read. Bought for a reasonable small amount to read on a Kindle I was certainly not robbed, but had I paid about £17.00 for a hardback I would have felt I had been sold short. The tales were well told, but the relentless trouble that Simon the B and B owner gets into so regularly does stretch credibility.
on 3 December 2013
As I gave part one (Wipe Your Feet Please) only three stars but felt it rated three and a half, I've given this four stars. The main reason is that there are more funny situations in this part (even if they are less believable). I wouldn't move on to a part three if it ever came along but it filled in some time by the pool on holiday.