Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 April 2017
great songs great packaging.
on 3 June 2004
There seems to be another resurgence in interest in Blues music, and this is an essential collection for either the newcomer to the Devils Music, or the hardened collector. I bought it as an introduction to the blues, over 70 of the finest Blues tracks, featuring all of the great names in Blues and some lesser known names as well. Fantastic collection to step back in time to, where the raw emotion of these great artists comes to the fore. If your interested in the blues or tempted to try the blues its a must have, and at this price what have you got to lose?
on 22 February 2014
great music, over packaged..does what it says on the tin all the blues classics, but why such a large tin for three cd's in card sleeves..
on 21 January 2013
I would recommend this compilation to anyone who, like me, wanted to learn more about and hear more blues music. The four CDs cover a wide range of artists. There are a couple of songs I don't like but overall I think this is a brilliant compliation.
on 1 December 2000
This is one of the best blues compilations that I have heard for a long time. It caters for all styles, from live Chicago blues by greats like Muddy Waters to the jazzy feel of Koko Taylor's track Wang Dang Doodle. A truly great compilation. A must for all blues virgins!
on 9 December 2012
perfect introduction to the old blues greats with indications of the influence the music and performers had on those who followed on;and at a bargain price.,
on 2 January 2014
Rated this highly because of the sheer quality that shines throughout this album with some well-known and some not so well-known artists featured however each track is a gem,if you love the Blues,especially Mississippi and Delph then this is for you
on 12 June 2016
Everyone's here from Blind Willie McTell, Bessie Smith & Memphis Minnie in the 1930's to Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker & Howlin' Wolf in the 1950's & 60's. Nice selection, beautifully packaged and a very good price.
on 15 February 2017
I can only echo what the other customers have said. This is the best Blues collection I have ever heard. Don't hesitate, I'm so glad that I didn't. Fantastic! "I got the 4 Disc edition"
on 11 December 2013
Classic blues compilation. What more can I say. I love it because I love the Blues and there's a lot on here I've not go elsewhere. Why else would you buy a compilation album?