on 16 March 2017
this an excellent iPad 4 cover which I bought for my husbands birthday. He got the black cover 2years ago but it was beginning to look a bit worn

round the edges so this time he decided he would like the brown one. Still very happy with the design and quality etc. Thankyou!
2 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2013
Following the great reviews submitted by others, I bought this for my new iPad 4. Delivery came within a couple of days which was great and the cover was well packed. When unpacking, there was a strong smell which confirms it wasn't real leather (As per the description) but it wasn't too bad and glad to say it vanished within a couple of hours of it being out the sealed packaging.

The iPad is a nice and tight fit, I can't get it to be perfect though - pushed in as far as I can get it, the buttons and front camera are sitting slightly to the right when used in portrait mode. The buttons, front and rear camera are not obscured in any way however and the screen is still perfectly usable.

The casing has a nice feel to it - it isn't glossy or plastic looking either. I'll be glad to take this to work with me and on my international business trips without the fear of it looking like a budget/cheap case.

Functionality wise with the magnets wake and sleep - works as expected. Opening the cover brings the iPad to life and closing it sleeps it immediately. Flipping the cover over from the flat mode to the stand mode is great - the preset heights suit me perfectly. If you want to stand the iPad for a lot of typing it maybe isn't ideal for this comparing to a different case my partner uses with hers - however the iPad is sitting on my knees as I type this now (Flat) and its comfortable enough.

Would I recommend this case? Absolutely - I didn't mention the storage pocket on the outer edge that I'm looking forward to using when I next travel in three weeks time.
on 8 August 2014
This item looked very good when delivered. Delivery was prompt. It really only lasted a few months. Became very shoddy and the material started to fray. Definitely NOT leather. I could not recommend this product. There are much better covers for iPad out there, at a lesser price.
10 people found this helpful
on 11 September 2012
Looks great. The stand works very well as does the auto-off function when you close the case. Much better than the original case I bought with my IPAD. Arrived very quickly. I thoroughly recommend this product.
20 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2013
This cover for the iPad looks like a stylish journal when closed and functions as a stand for the ipad when opened. It protects the iPad well, puts the iPad to sleep just by closing the cover and is, in all, excellent value for the money.

Addendum - 10 months on now, and I'm still quite impressed with this. Other reviewers say it's not leather. Well, mine definitely is - it's like a fine quality kid-skin. This can present a small problem, in that, in hot weather, the leather absorbs sweat from the hands, which can then be transferred to the screen. In particular, the inside surface of the cover has three parallel strips of leather which serve to protect the screen from knocks. These can absorb sweat and moisture from the hands, so it's quite easy to end up with three parallel grease stripes on the screen. Not a big problem, but a bit `eeww,' as the youngsters say. Wiping the leather with a camera lens wipe every now and then alleviates the problem, as does only holding the pad by the edges. Minor quibbles aside, it's still superb value for money.

OK, it's now close to two years since I bought this. It's beginning to get a bit frayed around the edges, but it's done an ace job of protecting the iPad. For the money, it can't be faulted.
on 9 January 2013
I bought this as it looked to be one of the more stylish and better quality amongst the cheaper range of iPad covers, and I'm not disappointed. Well-packaged and despatched very quickly (shame Royal Mail was so slow though!), plus it came with a screen protector and cleaning cloth which was a bonus. The protector went on easily with the aid of a credit card, and the iPad was easy to slip into the case. It feels sturdy and secure and looks really nice, plus has a nice soft feel to it. There are 3 positions for holding the iPad upright to leave you hands-free; ideal as it does make the iPad quite heavy to hold for any length of time. The magnet works great for telling the iPad to go to sleep when you close the cover.
The only minor drawbacks that reduce it to 4 stars for me are that 1) it opens very easily and I wish it had a catch of some kind to keep it closed better, and 2) it is a tad too small so the "Home" button is very slightly off-centre and the inside edges at the top and bottom stand a little proud. But for what I paid for this (especially compared to Apple's), I'm more than happy to have this and recommend it.
on 1 February 2016
I can't believe I didn't review this before. I've had this leather case for 2 1/2 years now!

Well, it's the nicest one I've seen about and I'm proud to own it. The only, very minor and certainly excusable, defect, is that the thin tan leather lining on the inside of the case is gradually being stripped/peeling off just where the round magnets are for keeping the case closed. This perhaps started after a year or so and it certainly has not deteriorated in anything other than a minor way 1 1/2 years later.

Would recommend to anyone.
on 8 January 2014
I was lucky enough to be given my first IPad at Christmas. (Well chuffed!) However in my old hands it felt very precarious and could be easily dropped. therefore I needed to seek a cover for extra security. I looked first of all at the manufacturers offerinhs bur was not really impressed. I searched the offerings on Amazon and found this beauty. As a novice my feelings were that it was a snip at the price and worth a gamble to see if it lived up to its advert. Very swift turnaround on my order and it arrived. My gamble paid off, this is a really smart bit of kit that does everything it says on the packet. Have since seen other makes but not a patch on my one. I am so pleased, thankyou.Black and Tan Leather Wallet Smart Flip Case Cover for The New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) + iPad 3 + iPad 2 with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
on 21 January 2014
This case was bought for my Ipad 4.

The case fitted the ipad 4 really well and since I have bought this over a year ago my ipad has not fallen out.

I have also dropped my ipad 4 in this case and it has protected it really well no scratches, no cracks very durable and strong. It has a magnetic in the case to keep it shut. The holes for the front and rear camera fit really well. There is no problem getting the lighting cable to charge as there is enough space and opening for it to fit.

The only down side is the dirt or any crumbs collect in the edges of the screen under the case. I suppose this is with every case.

I would defo buy this case again and if they made one for Samsung Tab 3 10.1 unfortunately they don't so had to buy some other case.

This is my reason for 5 stars - well worth it.
on 3 June 2013
The case is a red and tan colour way and a pleasant change from black although I also bought the black option for my son...both are well made and feel substantial, providing a good cushioning to the ipad and allowing a neat way of standing the ipad up in various positions for use and ease of view. Unlike some other reviews, I read the spec before buying and noted the PU leather statement which was fine ....after looking at and handling various covers in John Lewis and the Apple store, this was a no brainer. The price itself is a good enough reason when you consider that the apple cover is purely a plastic and neoprene type construction for approx £40. I did not detect any overpowering smell when opening the case up as others have commented and I think anyone wanting leather should expect to pay in excess of the price of this case! I'm very happy with the case and glad I have something to protect the ipad at last.