on 20 March 2017
Enjoyed the rollercoaster of events and emotions and especially the psychological side of the story. Both Ana and Christian mature during the story and as his demons come out, she is more in control and is able to stand up and deal with his past. Some very witty parts. Would have preferred less sex as at times it went on and on but otherwise a great read.
on 18 June 2012
This has got to be the hottest most riveting book of the century I couldn't put it down, just finished last of trio and hungry for more.
on 9 March 2014
Not having read a book for years I thought I would start with something light - 50 Shades of Grey. From page 1 I was hooked and could not wait to read the follow ups. OK it's not a literary piece - or will it become one? What I enjoyed the most was that I could escape into the books completely - something I've not been able to do for years - and forget my every day routine. For me it doesn't have to be heavy and serious. I was immersed in the relationship between Ana and Christian and developed my own feelings on how I wanted it to end. Loved these and not ashamed to admit it!
on 21 September 2012
It's not very often that I say I couldn't put a book down, but with this triology that was exactly how it was. I read them in 4 and half days. They were brilliant
All the hype and something that lots talk about so as not to be able to say you have read the set .... Well, it stands to reason some will be either on one side all boasting about what a remarkable read each of these in the trilogy are. Not like reading a smutty book and having to cover it up, with this you can show the world you are reading it or them. Just be prepared parents of older children not to show them up in their friends with your set of the books on the coffee table.

For me, I do beg to differ with a majority and do wonder what all the sexual frustrated hype is all about. No it didn't get me reading all through the night and missing appointments or other such things, it just made me see how much time I had not wasted but used not all that wisely reading the three books. With no real earth shattering sex revelations or such utter shocks, maybe I nodded off asleep and missed the action. The hype was just, that pure hype.

Yes, Grey has issues with his sex life, but if the roles were reversed would the book have the same appeal and draw that this set seems to have? In short I think not ..... I remember at the time Diary of A Call Girl was seen as the 'in erotic book'. So easy to be replaced when times move on again in the erotic world of books.

EL James has tapped the market where there was obviously a void for this type of titilation ....... Clever timing and marketing has made this a mass market seller and all because of what must be lacking in other areas of our lives or the lack of other writers in this market appeal. Would be interesting to see if another author came out with an erotica set and what was made of that.

Never mind the books start looking at each other rather than going Grey!
on 26 April 2013
The two remaining books make the story evolve into a beautiful love story with a plot and twists and turns. The explicit parts of the books are necessary to paint the picture of the hero and excuse and explain the behaviour behind the person. The books are the best I have read in a long while and will stay with me for many months. The description was excellent and conveys the reader directly into scenes. The unusual element of the character talking to the reader with her thoughts is also brilliant. I can still see the whole setting. A must to read.
on 27 July 2012
Having just read these books and was totally hooked from day one, I say they are a must read!
heart pulling in places and annoying in others but a compelling read and im sorry that ive finished them.
Need more PLEASE.....
on 16 September 2013
For the first time ever from the many books i've read, the fifty shades books made me cry. What a wonderful love story.
on 3 August 2013
Enjoyed these books, couldn't put them down. Loved the humour of Anastsia. Passed them on to my neice in France
on 28 November 2013
Fast delivery good read enjoyed the full set would recommend to friends and family and you can trade them in