on 2 July 2013
There is a weak point in the design of this belt - instead of being stitched the buckle component is secured to the body of the belt by a screw assembly. This became loose through wear - only a few months - and when I tighened it up the screw head sheered off!!! Would therefore NOT reccommend this item.
on 13 August 2013
Same problem as others. Buckle is secured with a screw. Screw became loose so I tried to tighten it up. (There is a notch on one side for a srewdriver head.) It sheared the head off.
Result - A useless strip of leather.
Another waste of money.
Carveat emptor folks. Buyer beware.
on 13 June 2013
Looked 'ok' initially - but within 5 weeks some stitching had come undone, followed quickly by the metal 'bolt' breaking which caused the buckle to fall off... expensive mistake
on 5 July 2013
you state these are leather they dont smell like leather to me they dont even sit right when they are on my belt hanger they dont suit me and they are a total waste of money what can you do to restore my faith in your company
on 29 March 2014
So many "leather" belts in the shops or online - even belts costing several times these Milano belts - are bonded or faced or coated "leather" which is just cheap and doesn't last, other "leather" items are "PU leather" which means they are faux or fake leather and are made from PolyUrethane i.e. plastic, look good but again as belts don't work well.

These Milano belts, I ordered a selection of four, are all solid decent quality leather. I chose size XXL which is 44" - 48" to fit my waist which takes 44" trousers, but the belts were all 4" - 6" too long. Fortunately with a long-standing hole punch (about £3 down the shops) and a pair of sharp scissors I was able to shorten the belts. To do this you unscrew the buckle from the belt, note how far the single hole is from the end, cut off the excess inches and hole punch at the right place before reassembling the buckle and all fits perfectly round the waist. The off-cuts confirm the belts are solid leather. Next time I would look for a size a bit shorter, but it works out well this way and you have just the right length of belt to tuck in to your belt and trouser loops.

The design is classic and straightforward, so nothing fancy, but they will last.
A wider version of this product had been previously purchased but is slightly too wide for some trousers, hence the purchase of this slightly narrower version.

As with all men's belts, you need to purchase at one size larger than your normal waist size and they then fit well. The leather seems to be of reasonably good quality and of the two Milano belts previously owned, one or other has been in daily use for more than 18 months. Other than a slight spread of one of the adjustment holes, especially during recent hot weather, no problems have been experienced.
on 8 October 2012
This belt has held out better than any I have had so far. The buckle is near perfect with most of the finish intact, it still looks good almost a year since I bought it. The leather is soft and main body is one piece.

The pin in the buckle is long enough never to slip through, a fault I have had with other belts.

As I have lost weight I have pierced new holes in 5 places using a surgical knife. The holes have not torn any is very hard to tell from the original. Only "problem" I have had is the belt turns in my jeans sometimes when I hook it through, I do not notice until I go sit in my car, then I feel the twist at my back.

That aside the belt is made from lovely 1/8in leather and long lasting without looking jaded.

Alas I feel it is just too long now, and whilst I have mastered a hole with the knife I am not skilled enough to cut a new end.

Better to lose a good belt and keep the weight off.
on 7 June 2013
I could not find a decent brown belt in any high street store ... didn't see any Milano belts ... And so so glad to have found one here in the Rain Forest!

Exactly the narrower type belt I was looking for - 25mm (1") - width, a stronger than strong silvery buckle, well riveted and secured. Plus the belt's leather seems very good quality, rich, full grained and not too shiny [though it can be polished].
Manufacturer's nane pressed into belt buckle, but this is subtly done and keeps the belt nice and simple.

Great.
on 29 January 2013
Bought this to wear with my work trousers...

Firstly it arrived 3 days after ordering - that scores points with me immediately.

Secondly its a belt and its black - been using it a week or two now and no complaints - it does the job!

Simple buckle design, and very well made - done my own stretch test with the belt done up and no indication of anything about to give.

Would I buy again - Yup! And as soon as I find the brown in 40mm width - I WILL be making another purchase.
on 24 August 2013
This is a nice little belt (ordered Friday evening, received next morning). I find wide belts too showy. Some reviews pointed out a weakness in the fastening that holds the buckle, and I may yet encounter this problem. However, it seems to be as robust as other belts that I have which have similar fastenings. If it holds I will be satisfied with the purchase.