on 4 January 2013
Not a bad game but a bit flimsy, part keep dropping off while trying to play and could be better, one that will probably stay in the cupboard
on 23 October 2012
Bought this game for my 5 and 7 year old nephews and they absolutely loved it! They were so excited at the look of the box and once we set the fly trap up they picked it up really quickly and loved trying to flick the flies into the mouth. It was challenging and fun for them which made for an addictive combination! Would recommend as a great way to keep adventurous kids busy and really fun game for adults to play with them too.
VINE VOICEon 28 May 2014
My favourite game for a long, long time this - and one of the most DELIGHTFUL I have added to my collection!

`Fly Trap' is a game of skill. Each player has ten plastic flies and attempts to fire them from the springy leaves into the fly trap's gaping mouth - but the fly trap is constantly on the move and rotating - sometimes stops, when it does, starts shaking!! (it's hilarious!) As if that isn't enough; you have two players with air pumps which react to close the trap's mouth - just when you thought you had that fly in!! Lots and lots of fun with this for the whole family - for young and old alike!

I really took this game to my heart after seeing the TV Ad. on YouTube. Coming myself from a generation brought up in the 60s and early 70s, I did not think they still made TV Ads. this way... This is something typically from that era for up-to-date kids. I did not believe kids would enjoy something so much like a game that didn't involve computers or sophisticated electronics, and so this was wonderful to see, and judging by the majority of the reviews on Amazon - kids and their families just LOVED it! :-)

The critical reviews are mostly complaining about the `flimsy' air-pumps. Now; my partner and I had a discussion about this, as we felt just the same - at first, but if you start to think about it, my partner pointed out that they perhaps couldn't have been made any other way... He felt the current of air needed to close the mouth is only very slight; if you'd had anything too powerful, the mouth would have perhaps stayed shut - or may even have broken with the force... Also; we'd decided that if the pumps had been made any more substantial, they perhaps would not have returned to their shape at all, and thus hindered game play... If they'd have been made of rubber for instance, (which at first we thought may have been better) with some over excited kids, they may have burst... Taking all this into account - along with the fact the rest of the game is of such high quality, I mean take a look at the teeth in the mouth - TEN quality screws were used to attach these!! One could say these could have been painted on - or perhaps `stuck' on with glue, and so I would find it very odd indeed if the manufacturers would go to all those lengths (like the quality plastic flies and leaves as well, which are simply for decoration where they could have perhaps saved money and got away with using cheaper materials and didn't) so where would be the logic to save it on one of the most important aspects of the game like the air-pumps!?? We think not, and so we decided unanimously that the pumps - due to the very nature of the game - and the way the mechanism of the mouth works, could not have been made more substantial, and so we think this not a `flaw' in the game. It has even been given a six volt motor - that's pretty powerful too when they could have got similar results with a four, or even three volt...

So we give this super game the `thumbs up' - and five stars from us! :-)

ENJOY!!
on 23 September 2013
Bought this last Christmas for my 3 & 6 yr old boys. My 3 yr old still plays with it occasionally although the eldest seems bored of it now. Its easy to get them in the target so long as you dont go crazy & flick them extra hard & its easy to set up.

Only con I would say is the things you bash to close its mouth & stop your opponent scoring is quite hard for kids, you have to really squash all the air out, it is manageable though.
on 6 February 2013
As is usually the case with these kind of games, the advert was much better than the product. Although billed as up to four players, only 2 can really play this. The air pumps that form part of the game had very little power and didn't really do anything. Having said that, my 5 year old did enjoy playing it, though hasn't touched it since the end of the christmas holidays. Wouldn't really recommend this.
on 4 December 2012
I tried to order this from Asda and they couldn't fulfill the order, so by amazement, I searched and found it on here. It is a great game that kids love and the family can join in. I am glad I have finally got this and happy to recommend. Loads of games now for Christmas day.
on 26 December 2012
sorry but a bit of a flop for us! Nan and Grandad dissapointed!! not enough pressure on pumps to close mouth properly!!
on 4 July 2016
Fly Trap is a great game and very entertaining to play with the kids Its quick to set up and once you have mastered the skill of trying to get your ten plastic flys into the fly traps mouth, it can become frustratingly addictive!

The price of this game reflects great value for money and the parts and components are of a good standard for the price, the air pumps could be slightly better, but I've owned this for a while now and we've had hours of fun from it.

If you are looking for an inexpensive gift or game for the family then you won't be disappointed with Fly Trap.
on 3 April 2013
great game keeps the kids occupied and you can hear them laughing whilst playing so a big hit for them. thanks
on 4 January 2013
My 4 year old son specifically asked for this for Christmas- what a disappointment. You spend half the game picking up flies that have missed the target and the pumps that are MEANT to close the mouth are really flimsy and I don't think they'll last long.