on 11 January 2014
Although they say that netbooks are on the way out, I've found that I've used my this netbook much more than my iPad since I bought it over a year ago (in summer 2012). It's not very fast, but if you buy 2Gb RAM then it's perfectly usable for web browsing and Skype (with its in-built camera and microphone) etc. The sound at full volume is quite quiet and it cannot quite fully cope with Netflix streaming (I get some annoying disjointed frames and couldn't work out how to fix it), but some occasional YouTube programs are fine. Its battery seems to last a long time and I would recommend it to anyone at the price I bought it (around £250).

To respond to other reviewers comments:
* I've never had any problems with it crashing or needing to take the battery out and I use it with WiFi all the time (eg. now!) -- perhaps the 2Gb memory is what you need?
* No key top has ever come off and I use it about every second or third day
* I've never had any problems with charging
on 2 January 2013
When you want to download 50gb from your camera to your device then a tablet doesn't cut the mustard. This computer with large hard drive, long battery life and great connectivity is a must for travelling with.
on 7 April 2015
As described - thank-you.
on 12 December 2012
I bought this to reduce the weight of carrying a machine with simple functions and it has proven its worth already
on 12 January 2013
Brought as a gift, recepient was very happy with it. Seems to do all it needs to do for them
on 8 March 2013
Very poor product. Bloated with Toshiba's own branded software. Had to spend a whole afternoon uninstalling it. After two months of use a key top has come off. Another week and the netbook case came unstuck on the top right corner right above the charging socket. The charger jack could not be plugged so you had to take it out and plug it again several times before you could get it into the right position for recharging. Called amazon.co.uk and explained the problem. Extremely helpful chap arranged for the return of the netbook and a FULL refund. Already looking on amazon.co.uk for a replacement netbook but of a different brand. I would recommend buying products sold and dispatched by amazon.co.uk.
on 28 November 2013
Probably the most disappointing piece if IT KIT I have ever purchased. Prone to crashing which means you have to take the battery out and re-boot regularly, while trying to use this with Wi-Fi is almost impossible - very slow to boot up and constantly buffering!
Anyone considering one of these would be better with a full size portable laptop.
on 21 September 2012
Toshiba Net book is good since use NB520 before ( the Joint for screen were weak and were damaged after a week of using it ) so I decided to buy NB510 as gift since it is similar to NB520 but it has strong and solid screen joints ......I recommend Toshiba products ....... The bad thing is that i use Guaranteed delivery but the net book was delivered one day late so the gift was useless and i was not able to take with me for my dad abroad .... I waste my money for delivery and no refund can be claimed back !! Amazon only ignore my comments for claiming the money back!!!
44 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse