on 7 February 2013
I bought the 55" version of the TV on the back of so many positive reviews but I have to say I felt let down by it and returned it.

I currently have a 40" Sony LCD which is a little lost in our room so I've been looking for a good 55" set for a while that didn't come with Samsung ES8000 pricing. As I spend a reasonable amount of time on my PS3 input lag, motion clarity etc was all crucial which is why I opted for this set. When I got the set unpacked it looked amazing and really filled the space well but when I switched it on things went downhill.

We spend a lot of time watching 720p or 1080p TV and films through Apple TV and they did look spectacular but when switched back to SD on Freeview it was virtually unwatchable. The few free HD channels looked fine but unfortunately there simply arent enough channels to only watch HD. It took some soul searching as this was the TV I had dreamed of, but it couldn't stay it really was that bad on SD. So it was packed up and the old set re-instated and life was good, if a little distant, again.

My advice would be if you have Sky, Virgin and only watch HD then go for it, I've no doubt you'll be happy. On the other hand if you're stuck with Freeview you'd be better to have a good look around before buying, just make sure you get to see the SD picture.
55 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2012
I have always liked Sony equipment and the Sony KDL46HX853 46-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p SMART 3D Dynamic LED... TV is no exception. I have yet to try out all its features but so far I am very pleased with it. I have never had an HDD 3D tv before and this is quite an expensive Indulgence but so far I am enjoying it.
on 17 December 2012
Great tv.
on 16 July 2014
excellent
on 6 October 2012
Pros: style and picture quality. Cons: very poor sound, no phono out connection(headphone only), glasses heavy/bulky and my tv was faulty and had to be replaced. Conclusion: not really worth the premium cost.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2014
awsome
on 29 September 2014
good
on 10 December 2012
Bought refurbished TV from Sony Outlet...TV picture brilliant, sound is not so good, TV had some damage and had not been repaired and tested as promised by Sony Outlet...Sony Customer Service complete rubbish. Recommend you buy 'New' and not from Sony Outlet and also buy a sound system if you wish to match the sound experience to the visual experience.
on 5 September 2012
I like this sony product very much and it ticks all the boxes apart from One very important issue for me.
The TV is 3D but comes with no means of watching 3D unless you buy some special3D glasses.
For a TV with the speck this comes with and the price I dont see it as a no glasses item.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse